Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Honestly, as long as no one is going to see it my choice is the Rago Shapette long-leg panty girdle. It's not cute like the regular panty girdle or one of the open-bottom models, but the wide waistband nips without creating any sort of... ehrm... "muffin top", and the long leg with the looser-stretch lace band at the bottom prevents any bulging at the bottom edge of the girdle. I like the panty girdle over the open-bottom in this case because it is much easier to go up and down stairs quickly. I discovered the hard way that wearing an open-bottom girdle and heels adds about 20 minutes to my morning commute.

If you don't need much cinching you'll probably wind up with a Rago because they seem to come accommodate the smallest sizes. As for cuteness... I think the dyed crown open-bottom girdles are the most adorable, but their smallest size is a 28. I think only Rago makes a 26 at this point, and I don't think anyone makes one smaller.

BV

decodoll

Practically Family
My favourite for everyday wear is the Rago 1357. It actually goes as low as size x-small (24), which is for a 23/24 inch waist. Then the small (26) would be for a 25/26 inch waist and so on.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
decodoll said:
My favourite for everyday wear is the Rago 1357. It actually goes as low as size x-small (24), which is for a 23/24 inch waist. Then the small (26) would be for a 25/26 inch waist and so on.

Ooh!! Thanks! I hadn't seen that it was available in a 24! Fabulous! ^_^

BV

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I found some site that looked interesting....first one was www.biggerbras.com or if you google it (which I always do) it'll be under, girdles, shapewear,bodyslimmers. These have a lot of 'functional' underclothes in this one. The only thing I didn't care for it was a lot of the styles were very plain...this is how I feel about underclothes in general.....even though only me and the hubby are going to see me in them, there's something about wearing something sexy that makes you just feel better. This other web site had stuff that was very sexy looking yet served a purpose for wearing it.....www.secretsinlace.com

SwingCat123

New in Town
Bought my first girdles last week

Thanks you all your suggestions I bought 2 girdles last week to try them out and see which style I like. I got the Rago 6201 Zipper Hi-Rise Long Leg in white and the Rago 1294 19" Open Bottom Girdle in black. I had my first chance to try them out during the jazz festival this weekend. I, like BettyValentine, prefer the long legged to the open bottom as it is easier to move around in while maintaining that classic shape (and with a 4 month old who has just learned to drop her toys so that mom can pick them up I really need the flexability).

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Oh, I'm very excited to see that someone is making modern versions of these things. I'm a huge fan of the long-leg panty girdles. I have a few that were my grandmother's and they're all in excellent condition. Luckily, we have the same body-type.

#1 Function: Perky butt in a pencil skirt
#2 Function: No involuntary butt-cheek while swing dancing

As for the top half, I don't have that solved. Anybody have a link to an online bra shop? I need a longline and a cone-shape. I don't need to buy vintage...reproductions are fine...especially when we're talking underwear.

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Over-the-Shoulder Boulder Holders

This is probably off the topic of corsets and girdles, but I'm having a really hard time with this bra thing. Thank you both for supplying links, i checked out those sites and found some possibilities.

My problem is this: I'm going for the WWII look, so that means less fabric in the construction, more stitching probably. I'm finding a lot of camisole and shelf-type bras, but nothing that would produce the effect I'm seeing in pics of my grandmothers. Yet what they had going isn't the cone/bullet bra of the 50s either. What should I be searching for? More rounded than a bullet bra, more pointy than anything I've seen at Victoria's Secret. I'm confused.

V For Vixen

New in Town
Yes, I'd second that one. I have a few "Doreens" (White, Black, Pink), and they're really smashing. They also do a long-line bra which can meet a panty-corselet and give a good outline.

My original bras (I only own a few - its hard to find my cup size), all fasten to the front with hooks and eyes. Perhaps a longer line front fastener would give the same effect??

Thanks also to mystery and co for the super links - I'm now on hooks, waiting for my airmail parcel from "Secrets In Lace"!!

V
xx

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
You're right...the Doreen looks like the kind of style I'm actually looking for. I'm not very voluptuous though. Anybody know how these fit on a small-chested 32B? By the way? Did you ladies buy these online? They seem to only be a UK/Canada thing.

V For Vixen

New in Town
Hmmmmmmmm....... I've had a good mooch, and it looks like you're right - I can't seem to find any US sites selling the Triumph range. However - I'm not a whizz on the internet, so I may have missed something. Will have a hunt!

V
xx

mandolynn

New in Town
I just ordered a nice cincher/garter belt a couple days ago from whatkatiedid.com (the black with pink one) to wear under my prom dress (a faux vintage find on ebay, very 1940's starlette looking. I absolutely adore it). I'm already a curvy gal, but I like to have that extra, well, umph, and cinchers are very nice for that :).

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
mandolynn said:
I just ordered a nice cincher/garter belt a couple days ago from whatkatiedid.com (the black with pink one) to wear under my prom dress (a faux vintage find on ebay, very 1940's starlette looking. I absolutely adore it). I'm already a curvy gal, but I like to have that extra, well, umph, and cinchers are very nice for that :).

Ooh, I love the look of that one. Very very cute. (It's almost a crime for something that cute to be hidden under clothes!)

Your prom dress sounds lovely! You'll have to post your prom pictures when you get them back!

BV

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Hello I am new and I have a silly question to pose to girls who might know the answer! It's long, so thanks in advance if you read it!

I just discovered (through here!) the whatkatiedid.com site and I am desperate to buy something from there! I think I have what they describe as a "vintage figure" as my waist is about 27 inches fully sucked in (26 at a very big push, hooray yoga!) and my hips are about 39. I have a plethora of pencil skirts that I love wearing and a few big skirted dresses that I cinch in at the waist and waer with big swing petticoats. Now I was looking at both girdles and the waist cinchers as something I would ideally get one each of in the end...but I want to start out with one or the other.

My question is...what happens to flab when you put on a waist cincher? I don't have loads, but what I do have has to go somewhere right? I am leaning away from a girdle as my first purchase, because my bubble butt looks pretty reasonable in pencil skirts, I'm more keen on the tiny waist look. But if the cincher doesn't come as far down as a girdle is there going to be a ring of flab around the bottom od the waist cincher that will show through a skirt? Perhaps would it be solved by buying the 28in one rather than the 26? I want a reasonable amount of cinching though, that's the problem!

Sorry this is so long! Thanks for any help. All you ladies are just so stylish, I'm so envious!

V For Vixen

New in Town
Hi Fleur - I just recently purchased an open bottom corselet from shapelyfigures.com (don't laugh!! lol ) - it comes to a couple of inches down the thigh (where I REALLY have trouble), but also sits pretty high up on the waist. I'll post you the link through. Also - have you had a look at the secrets in lace site? They have some fabulous long cinchers, which meet the bottom of your bra................

Good Luck

V
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch