PDA

View Full Version : Watch vendor recommendation?

Sharpsburg
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Good evening! i am looking to purchasing a good basic WWII era ladies watch - an everyday watch. Yes, there are tons of watches on ebay but i was hoping someone could share the name of a good vendor. I want one that is running, serviced, etc. Ready to roll. not too expensive, no diamonds, etc.

Anyone know a good vintage watch vendor for a newbie buyer?

Thanks!

Mary in Maryland:D

J.J. Gittes
08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Try Decowatches on ebay.

Has a huge inventory, great to work with and not horridly expensive.

Louie
08-29-2009, 04:35 PM
I have bought here before and they are GREAT:

http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/

chanteuseCarey
08-29-2009, 06:14 PM
We bought our family's three vintage watches and a vintage pocket watch from this seller. Great to do business with. He has lots of amazingly detailed pics and info of each timepiece on the auctions.

Try Decowatches on ebay. Has a huge inventory, great to work with and not horridly expensive.

St.Ignatz
08-29-2009, 07:23 PM
If you are in No. Maryland and care to take a ride into Philadelphia try:
Raykin Watch Repair
60 N 9th St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-925-8553

Great stock last time I stopped by. Good Dim Sum down the block at Ocean City 9th and Vine.

Sharpsburg
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the lead on decowatches. i've got a bid in on an elgin so don't snipe me!

Mary

Inusuit
09-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the lead on decowatches. i've got a bid in on an elgin so don't snipe me!

Mary

Correct form is "Don't snipe me, bro!"

chanteuseCarey
09-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I won't snipe ya as we've each got a vintage watch- so we're good. Btw, here's an evilBay tip I was given- don't bid early in the game, it only helps to drive the price up. And ooh, how I do love esnipe!:D

Thanks for the lead on decowatches. i've got a bid in on an elgin so don't snipe me! Mary

Inusuit
09-03-2009, 08:18 AM
I have bought here before and they are GREAT:

http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/

What a great site! Unfortunatly, more cool vintage stuff to suck up my paycheck. Thanks for the link.