Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
That sounds great. I (and I'm sure others) would like to see it when you're done. One of these days I'd like to handle a Pinnacle too. It must be a nice hat.

Silke

New in Town
Torpedo said:
Let's see... I think the Extra Full Cut newsboy made by The Hat People is very much what you are looking for. Not that other available caps would not fit your request, but I do have a couple of Extra Full Cuts and they look like that to me.

Thanks a bunch Torpedo, I went ahead and got myself the Stetson Hatteras in black for now though, will be receiving it tomorrow most likely, my head wear buying fingers were itching too much not to.

But I'll be contacting "The Hat People" for one of those as well as their shipping seemed to be very reasonable even internationally.

kkesler

New in Town
So I got energy drink on a Resistol Silverbelly 4x hat. Now I have a stain. Ideas?

Back when I did stereo work we would use WD-40 to clean stains off silver, white and gray cloth materials, so that's where I'm leaning.

duggap

Banned
Hold off on the WD40 for now. There are several threads on stains and none of them recommend WD40. Try your search engine or wait for someone with some good ideas to chime in. I would only try WD40 on a sample swatch to see what the results would be. Good luck.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't know about energy drink stains in particular. But in recent weeks I have used Ronsonol lighter fuel to good effect. It contains naptha. This may or may not work on that particular stain, but it is a safe spot cleaner in general.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Cigarband said:
Start with Fuller's Earth, sprinkle it on the stain, work it in with a soft cloth and then brush it out. Repeat till happy. You can get it at Garden centers and Aquarium supply stores.

By the way, Fuller's and talc also work well to remove any rings or 'water marks' left after cleaning with solvents. Buler or someone recently mentioned using talc to clean 'water marks' left by spot cleaning a Stetson 100. You can just sprinkle it on and let it sit over night. Then brush it off the next day. It does work.

derby

New in Town
Kimball Information

Does anybody know where the Kimball fedora was made? Was it made in the USA or ENGLAND looked everywhere can not find anything on them. Wondering how the sizing run on them (USA or ENGLISH)???? Any information would be a great HELP!

buler

I'll Lock Up
derby said:
Does anybody know where the Kimball fedora was made? Was it made in the USA or ENGLAND looked everywhere can not find anything on them. Wondering how the sizing run on them (USA or ENGLISH)???? Any information would be a great HELP!

Derby, I've found reference to the Inman & Kimball Hat Co. out of Foxborough, MA. Also a blurb about Kimball continuing on when Inman retired.

B

Silke

New in Town
I know this isn't a question, but I wanted to mention that I received the black Stetson Hatteras, Torpedo.

And what I did was that I split up two of the three seams(not sure doing so to the third one would be a good idea, we'll see) fastening it to the bill, letting it fall to one side and fluffing it up a bit up top and from what I could tell in the mirror it worked just fine to achieve the dimensions/look I was looking for and as seen in my example with it!

Didn't think it would be possible after seeing the excellent photo of you wearing it, I'm assuming the Hatteras in silk that I'm assuming it is that you're wearing should have the same dimensions/cut as the black Hatteras in virgin wool I got?

derby

New in Town
buler said:
Derby, I've found reference to the Inman & Kimball Hat Co. out of Foxborough, MA. Also a blurb about Kimball continuing on when Inman retired.

B
Buler Thank you very much this answered all my questions. That drives me nuts when I can't find an answer to something when you know it's there somewhere. THANKS AGAIN. DERBY

Mr. Lucky said:
I'm considering buy a Stetson Nostalgia. Are they true to size? Run big? Run small?

Thanks.

From my experience one size big. I have a 7 3/8 (my normal size) Nostalgia and I had to add spacers. I have 7 1/4 Chatham and it fits fine. I don't wear either often so can't say anything about shrinkage.

VintageBaubles

New in Town
Stumped by two hats; please help?

As a newbie, I'm thrilled to be here! Been meaning to join for ages, but finally spurred on by 2 vintage hats in my collection that I can't find anything about. This seems to be the thread to ask on; if not, my apologies! And, apologies, too, for my lack of knowledge. My collection is far more ample than my knowledge.

Hat #1 is a Bollman Summit fur felt snap-brim trilby (I think) style. The crown lining has the coolest graphic of mountains & clouds, with "SUMMIT" imprinted in red. On the leather sweatband is the imprint, "Summit, Bollman Original, Founded 1868." It appears to be a good quality hat. Can't find a thing online indicating that Bollman ever made a line of hats called Summit. Or that they made hats or supplied felt for Summit Hats. I've written to Bollman recently; no response as of yet.

Hat #2 is a Stetson "Casulaire" fedora, black medium-napped fur felt with a knitted hatband (would this be 50s/60s?). An OK hat, nothing to write home about, although in stellar condition, but another one I can't find anything on.

Can anyone shed any light on either of these hats? Many thanks in advance!

Mr. Lucky said:
I'm considering buy a Stetson Nostalgia. Are they true to size? Run big? Run small?

Thanks.
They run round to my Long Oval shape. I have a 7 5/8 on order in a new Sovereign Roadmaster. When it gets in, I'll give you my opinion. My Pinnacle is 7 5/8 & fits me just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112