Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Midwest Boater said:
is there a thread on , how can i say this nice , lower quality hat makers to stear clear of? im thinking Dorfman Pacific would be on the list. if there isnt such a thread ild like to start one if its ok.

All defamation lawyers please leave the Lounge now...

defamation2.gif

Mario

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy said:
I notice certain threads have star ratings... how do we get to rate?

There is a couple of flyouts to the top right of the screen, right below the page selector:

| Thread Tools | Search this Thread | Rating | Display Modes |

Now have a guess which one you're after! ;) :D

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Mario. I`ve input rating after I see the search, but that only takes me to threads with the word ratings in it. I wanted to know how I can participate in giving a thread stars/ratings...did I miss something? Thanks

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Ephraim Tutt said:
All defamation lawyers please leave the Lounge now...

defamation2.gif
i think i grasp your meaning eph . what i will do is look for recommended brands an assume those that aren't recommended are of lesser or questionable quality .
thanks for keeping me out of litigation ;)

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
new question, and i swear i looked around here for the answer. im thinking of buying a hat 1/8 larger than my size and stuffing the hat band is this a good, medium, or bad idea?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Midwest Boater said:
new question, and i swear i looked around here for the answer. im thinking of buying a hat 1/8 larger than my size and stuffing the hat band is this a good, medium, or bad idea?

Lots of guys do it with no ill effects that I've heard of. I have a couple like that in my collection. Once in a while, though, a hat that is the next size up actually LOOKS a little too big in volume when on. Most times, though, it seems to be normal to put some paper towel or strip of felt, etc., inside the sweat band to size it down a tick. Might pucker the sweat band a little though, FYI. :)

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Midwest Boater said:
I often find that 7 1/4 is a little tight but the 7 3/8 is a touch large. Seeing as how hats tend toward shrinking over time I buy the larger size and I use the thin foam underlay that is used for laminate flooring.
I have also wondered some if perhaps I just touched it with steam and left it to dry it might not pull it in a little more rapidly???
Hmmm... my two cents worth and another question lol

Happy Turkey day to all you south of the border :)

Scooter

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
thanks guys i didnt think of it looking too big, i may get it try the stuffing idea if it dosnt work im sure i can resell it in the classifieds here.

Justdog

Practically Family
Monarch Leather

Anyone have knowledge or know where the threads are having information on the Leather products coats of the Monarch brand. I am aware they go back at least to 1930 as in many leather coats seem to pop up with their brand?
What was their product quality workmanship?

CliffG

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know what this type of jacket is? (Tartaglia Philadelphia)

This was pulled from the bay, here are the pictures of it as it was posted, it arrived today, the material is unknown it is brown in color with a satiny black lining. The inside has two lined pockets like in a blazer or sports coat. The only tag is the manufacturers label which reads Tartaglia Philadelphia and is hand stitched on.
Each of the out side pockets have flaps that cover the pocket and a loop made out of cord to button them closed. The back has two buckles/straps to adjust the waste.the belt on the front has two snaps that close it into position.
The patches on the sleeves appear to be machine sewn on.

shortcoat.jpg

shortcoatback.jpg

shortcoatbadge.jpg

shortcoatfront.jpg

shortcoatpatch.jpg

Scott Wood

Practically Family
CliffG said:
This was pulled from the bay, here are the pictures of it as it was posted, it arrived today, the material is unknown it is brown in color with a satiny black lining. The inside has two lined pockets like in a blazer or sports coat. The only tag is the manufacturers label which reads Tartaglia Philadelphia and is hand stitched on.
Each of the out side pockets have flaps that cover the pocket and a loop made out of cord to button them closed. The back has two buckles/straps to adjust the waste.the belt on the front has two snaps that close it into position.
The patches on the sleeves appear to be machine sewn on.

shortcoat.jpg

shortcoatback.jpg

shortcoatbadge.jpg

shortcoatfront.jpg

shortcoatpatch.jpg
NICE CATCH :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Woody

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Quick question...
My resistol sweat band has opened right next to the stitching in the back (vertically, parallel to the joint):( and my first instinct os to just slap some hi-tack acid-free masking tape in behind.
Good idea or bad???[huh]

Woody

texashatman

Familiar Face
The other kind of crease

I left my vintage Resistol Wide Country on the couch in my guest room and my 110 lbs lab slept on top of it all night. The crown has a noticeable set of creases now. Will steaming it thoroughly help get these out? I guess it wouldn't hurt. That's the last time my guest/dressing room door will be left open at night:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko