Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duper

Practically Family
Hi, I know how to add my own photos into a thread or reply, but how do I select and use prior photos posted by other members as part of a thread or reply? [huh]

4and1

One of the Regulars
Duper said:
Hi, I know how to add my own photos into a thread or reply, but how do I select and use prior photos posted by other members as part of a thread or reply? [huh]

In the lower right corner of each post there is a 'quote' button. Hit that then you can highlight-delete part of the quote if you want to, but leave the '
' at the beginning and end. The photo will be between

zetwal

I'll Lock Up

storman113

Familiar Face
Picked up a real nice DB black with light gray pinstripe suit. I think it's 60's because of the Woolmark label and the union label.

My question is what hat?

Black with gray ribbon or gray with black ribbon?

Chinaski

One Too Many
Sorry Storman, no help on that one from me, and another question:

I picked up a Lee Adventure (Christmas present) and wanted to know if there is a Lee-centric thread. Any pointers would be appreciated! Also, I've been away from the Lounge for a while so hello and Happy Holidays, Loungers!

AEH

One of the Regulars
Cleaning sweatband

Have tried to search the forum, but can't seem to find anything about cleaning sweatbands? I have a hat with a beautiful sweatband, good quality leather and beautiful printing, but it is stained and has some molding. I don't want to replace it, but how do I remove the staining and molding before treating it with leather conditioner?
Grateful for any suggestions.

Another question, while I am at it: When restitching a hatband, do you need to use a special kind of thread, or is anything in matching color from the wifes sewing box ok?

(And to the bartenders: Perhaps this thread deserves a place among the stickys? :) )

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Sweatband - what kind of leather?

What kind of leather has been traditionally used to make sweatbands? Has this changed over time from the day of vintage hats until now?

Specifically - does anyone know what kind of leather is used in current production Akubras?

Thanks

Atinkerer

One of the Regulars
Will cedar hangers stain my suits?

Hi all,

I recently decided to buy a bunch of cedar hangers because I thought they might help me preserve and better care for my good clothes. Now someone just told me that cedar should never be in direct contact with any clothing because it will stain and ruin the clothes. Well I never heard that before! :eek: I'm sort of new to collecting fine clothing, but I'm sure you guys and gals in the lounge know about this stuff. Is this true?

Thanks,
Tony

Chinaski

One Too Many
Maybe This Thread Could Be A Sticky...

Here's my question: Where does one go about getting a hat stretcher?? I just got a vintage hat in 7 1/4 - that's my size, but it's a tight 7 1/4 and needs just a bit of stretching. Thanks for anticipated help.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ebay. Most of them have 6 3/4 burned into them, but that's the minimum size - how big they are when they're closed. I think mine opens to size 7 3/4. You can buy a new one from here, but you'll get one on ebay for under $25 if you're patient. I like the ones that have the hat sizes and circumference measure listed on the little bars that appear as the stretcher opens. Here's one that ended recently that shows what I'm talking about.
913.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112