Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Chinaski said:
gtdean, that might be the ticket - have you used one like this? If so did it do the job? The price is certainly right!
I've got 3, 1 in duty on a campaign hat, 1 gets rotated between some vintage 7 1/2's that need coaxing to maintain my Long Oval head shape & 1 in the box to give to a friend as Christmas present. They are good for maintaining a stretch. I have a vintage stretcher for getting hats larger & more oval because it goes way above just the sweatband. These are good enough to put pressure on the sweat to give a little stretch & train a sweat to the shape. HTH.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I won something on ebay, and when I went to pay it said "seller is no longer a registered seller, contact seller to complete transaction". Being that they are no longer under ebay, if I just let it go would that be breaking the contract part? I am a little leary about continueing without knowing the circumstances. Seems to me it is null and void if no longer through ebay...[huh]

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
I won something on ebay, and when I went to pay it said "seller is no longer a registered seller, contact seller to complete transaction". Being that they are no longer under ebay, if I just let it go would that be breaking the contract part? I am a little leary about continueing without knowing the circumstances. Seems to me it is null and void if no longer through ebay...[huh]

"A bid or commitment to buy on eBay is considered a contract and you're obligated to purchase the item. However, if you feel that you have a legitimate reason for not buying the item, you can contact the seller and explain your situation. Many sellers are willing to work with you if you communicate with them openly and honestly. If you haven't done so already, request the seller's contact information and call him or her. You may be able to work things out to everyone's satisfaction.

If the seller doesn't respond in the way you hope, keep in mind that failing to purchase an item you've won can result in an unpaid item being recorded on your account. If you get too many unpaid items recorded on your account in too short a time period, your account may be restricted or suspended."

theinterchange

One Too Many
The Fashion Focus

Ok, I've had a debate going on with someone about matching colors. Would you match a grey fedora with brown shoes and belt, or stick to wearing it with blacks or other greys?

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
indycop said:

I'd contact eBay if it were my purchase, as I'd be uncomfortable even contacting the seller in private/off eBay, there's a reason why they're no longer registered. :eek:

Randy

rlk

I'll Lock Up
theinterchange said:
Ok, I've had a debate going on with someone about matching colors. Would you match a grey fedora with brown shoes and belt, or stick to wearing it with blacks or other greys?

Randy
Grays vary so much that they often clash with each other(unless a real hue match). Browns or Black is easier to mix with grey.

Carlisle Blues

theinterchange said:
I'd contact eBay if it were my purchase, as I'd be uncomfortable even contacting the seller in private/off eBay, there's a reason why they're no longer registered. :eek:

Randy

Having had a similar experience I contacted the seller who did not respond within a reasonable time.

It was then that I had enough evidence to present Ebay who pursued the matter expeditiously. Follow the rules so personnel at Ebay can do their jobs without complications.

Buyer Protection

'Buyers and sellers share the responsibility for making sure purchases facilitated by eBay are exciting, rewarding, and hassle-free. We strongly encourage buyers to work with sellers before opening a claim relating to a purchase. Buyers and sellers agree to follow the requirements of the eBay Buyer Protection Policy with respect to claims. eBay Buyer Protection covers only claims filed in accordance with the eBay Buyer Protection Policy...'

indycop

I'll Lock Up
theinterchange said:

Randy
That's what worrys me. If thhey are not registered anymore then ebay won't step in if it is bad.

Carlisle Blues

indycop said:
K, I will do that and see how it goes.:)

All you need to so is try...because they may ask you if you did.....and if you didn't after a waiting period (of say 11 days ) Ebay they may tell you to anyway and the whole situation gets mucked up.

After you send an email I think you should immediately file a complain with Ebay. You have a paper trail. Then they will void the transaction.

That was a successful challenge I won through Ebay, but, I had to follow their rules first. Good luck...;)

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
And Indy,
If they are no longer a valid E-bay user, they can't use the E-bay channels to "go after" you. They can't leave you negative feedback either.
Sounds fishy to me, that a "stand up" seller would cut and run and leave e-bay with pending or current items up for auction.
my .02

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Late reply

I realize that the page is pretty well closed on the issue but wanted to post the hat stretcher I got from the bay in Dec. for $22 +s&h:
hatblock2.jpg

it has the various measurements on the alignment pins

barrowjh

One Too Many
Fluteplayer07, I agree with Dinerman. I have a similar gray borsa with a 2 3/8 brim from 1984, overwelt, narrower ribbon, and a modern-day-width black sweatband. Borsalino family sold the operation in 1984, and most of us generally consider that date to be a marker for significant change in production quality (although the change was probably gradual rather than overnight). The examply you posted has a much wider ribbon, nice double bow and wind trolley, appears to be cav edge, and the classic quality sweatband, so early 1960s is likely, though I wonder if it could have hailed from the 1930s stingy-brim era. The sweatband does not appear to be reeded, so I wonder if it is older than 1960's.

Dogface said:
...Do these older Open Roads have better quality than newer ones ? Not sure how old this one is either...
That one is a 25 model which is one of the higher ranking models, only surpassed by the 50 & the 100. A Sovereign model is equal to a 20 model with the 7X Clear Beaver equaling a 50. I think I got that right.
I have 2 25's that are excellent felt. You could not buy either of mine for that price & mine don't say Open Road at all.
Also, posting active auctions is a no-no. In Classifieds, you can post links to active auctions mainly if you are the sellar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko