PDA

View Full Version : camel sport coats?

davestlouis
12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I haven't owned a camel sportcoat in decades. For some reason there are a bunch of them in local thrift stores at the moment. This got me thinking about it...are they a good look, or does it bring to mind Century 21 real estate agents?

I like the look with dark gray trousers. Any other thoughts?

CliffG
12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I have two of them, one is a nice blue/gray and the other is a caramel with gray and blue fine lines. I like them both, the blue/gray I really like to wear casual with a pair of blue jeans and a charcoal fedora.
I really think they look nice, I want one that is the camel color next.

davestlouis
12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Just to clarify, the tan color is what I was thinking of...I don't think I was really aware that they came in other colors.

rmrdaddy
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Dave,
I personally am a fan. I think it's very versatile, and I've never gotten a Century 21 comment yet!

I wear mine with a few either a white, brown, or wine dress shirt with a neat earth toned tie with pheasants on it (it's actually a Polo item from a few years ago, thrifted for a whole dollar....), a pair of dark green heathered wool pants, cordovan penny loafers and belt. It's got a city-boy-goes-to-the-country look, so I grab the brown Dobbs Game Bird as a topper.

Wolfmanjack
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
A tan camel hair jacket and gray wool flannel slacks is one of those perfect combinations that is absolutely classic. I wear mine with a blue oxford shirt and a regimental stripe tie...as I have for over 30 years.