PDA

View Full Version : Montechristi question

bond
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I have a nice MC that I bought on the bay that is probably around 200-250 weave count and it has a 41/2 crown ht w/ a 3" brim. Question is the brim is a bigger than I prefer, normally wear a 2 3/8, and was wondering if I should have it turned under and stitched or just leave it alone?
Also the brim is sort of floppy and doesn't have any holding power so it always seems to stay on the curled up look , also not my preference!
What to do as I like the quality of the hat?
One last question re the ribbon is that it looks like an Amish hat and wondering what ribbon options would look better. Will post pic when I get a chance.
Any feed back greatly appreciated.

zetwal
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
I say, leave this brim alone.

HatsEnough
08-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Is it even possible to fold a straw brim down and sew it??

Tomasso
08-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Sure, lots of straw brims are finished in that manner.

RBH
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Leave it for the ones that like a wide brim.
Sell it.
Next time buy one with a width that you like.

bond
08-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Ok, I think that I get the consensus that I should just sell it and find one I like, thanks for confirming what I thought would be the best solution.

zetwal
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok, I think that I get the consensus that I should just sell it and find one I like, thanks for confirming what I thought would be the best solution.

Good call. And good luck in your search. May not be too difficult.

bond
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks,

HatsEnough
08-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Sure, lots of straw brims are finished in that manner.

Yes, at the time of manufacture, sure. But later? That was my question.

LoveMyHats2
08-11-2011, 09:40 PM
I have a nice MC that I bought on the bay that is probably around 200-250 weave count and it has a 41/2 crown ht w/ a 3" brim. Question is the brim is a bigger than I prefer, normally wear a 2 3/8, and was wondering if I should have it turned under and stitched or just leave it alone?
Also the brim is sort of floppy and doesn't have any holding power so it always seems to stay on the curled up look , also not my preference!
What to do as I like the quality of the hat?
One last question re the ribbon is that it looks like an Amish hat and wondering what ribbon options would look better. Will post pic when I get a chance.
Any feed back greatly appreciated. It may be that the clean a hat place can do something for you on the brim? Worth checking that out?

job
08-12-2011, 02:01 AM
I don't prefer large brims on me in general but it is nice to have one hat that is used on sunny days to shield you from glare and burn.