PDA

View Full Version : Stetson Nutria quality Campaign Hat

RobFedoraField
09-06-2013, 09:45 PM
I've treated myself to an vintage official BSA campaign hat so i am no longer in need of this campaign hat.

it's a Stetson Nutria fur felt campaign hat. it's in mint condition.

it would NOT come with the leather band or pin, but it does still have the original ribbon attached. I believe it's a 7 3/8

any interest out there?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JChXu-Q1SSI/UFMHfoqSsBI/AAAAAAAAHsQ/EAbb-wZcEHQ/w972-h985-no/2012-09-13_18-31-03_232.jpg

osok1
09-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Price?

BigFitz
09-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I would have been interested if I didn't just drop 80 on an OR yesterday. Might still be if the price is low enough.

RobFedoraField
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
the hat is really in perfect condition. I'll get more pictures, i was thinking of starting at $75 + shipping

jskeen
09-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Ok, I'm just curious, why you would trade off a vintage nutria stetson for one of the new official BSA campaign hats?

Mountain Man
09-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Do you have any pictures? Can't see the one that was posted. Thanks

RobFedoraField
09-18-2013, 11:42 AM
hmm, I wonder why you can't see it. yes, i will take a couple more and send them to you

rbwolcott
12-01-2013, 10:45 AM
I've treated myself to an vintage official BSA campaign hat so i am no longer in need of this campaign hat.

it's a Stetson Nutria fur felt campaign hat. it's in mint condition.

it would NOT come with the leather band or pin, but it does still have the original ribbon attached. I believe it's a 7 3/8

any interest out there?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JChXu-Q1SSI/UFMHfoqSsBI/AAAAAAAAHsQ/EAbb-wZcEHQ/w972-h985-no/2012-09-13_18-31-03_232.jpg

I'll take this hat, assuming it is still available.

eta:Nevermind. I just checked the uniform regs, and it seems a cub leader is supposed to wear the ball cap. :( Maybe I'll just stick the emblem on one of my Tilleys when we go outdoors.

gtdean48
12-02-2013, 12:37 PM
I'll take this hat, assuming it is still available.

eta:Nevermind. I just checked the uniform regs, and it seems a cub leader is supposed to wear the ball cap. :( Maybe I'll just stick the emblem on one of my Tilleys when we go outdoors.

You can wear any BSA hat from the past. Notice Rob's wearing Cub epaulets. Wood Badge now allows Cub leaders so you can sport a vintage hat if you'd like as well as a Scouter. One of the perks of donating your one hour per week....

winterland1
12-02-2013, 01:49 PM
You can wear any BSA hat from the past. Notice Rob's wearing Cub epaulets. Wood Badge now allows Cub leaders so you can sport a vintage hat if you'd like as well as a Scouter. One of the perks of donating your one hour per week....
I am Cub Scout Den leader also and would say you could wear the campaign hat anywhere. It looks great. I am thinking of getting one myself.
I couldn't imagine anyone having an issue with it. It was The hat to wear back in the day. Ball caps to me are kind of lame for Scouts. No offence if any Leader wears one. I have been wearing my Tilley outdoors.

RobFedoraField
12-03-2013, 07:36 AM
sorry guys, apparantly I'm not getting my email notifications that this thread has been updated.

I'm selling it because I have a stratton that fits better that came w/ a Hat Trap to keep it clean / flat during camping events / travel

I've worn this to resident camps, day camps and other ceremonies. I have never had anyone complain or say I shouldn't be wearing it.

RBWolcott, is that Perry, NY? I'm from York, NY.

I took more pictures, but forgot to upload them, I'll get those up here soon.