PDA

View Full Version : Vintage pics galore!

Fleur De Guerre
05-18-2006, 07:43 AM
I was just doing some research on image stock libraries at work and stumbled across the Illustrated London News picture library: http://www.ilnpictures.co.uk/

It's an archive of the first illustrated newspaper, started in 1842, and apparently still going; and other publications like the Tatler and the one I'd most like to see: Britannia and Eve. The description looks fascinating!

"Billed as a monthly magazine for men and women, this title ran from 1928 to 1958. Filled with romantic fiction, recipes, fashion, gossip on film stars, health and beauty tips, [and] give-aways of é─˙signedé─¨ famous Hollywood film stars"

I only had a quick flick on the site, but the "Fashion" section in particular has some fascinating old ads from the late 1800s and a lot of fashion illustrations and photos - I saw a lot from the 1920s. Beware though, there are an absolute ton of illustrated 1940s pin-ups and quite a look of them are topless - so probably NSFW. Although I am obviously at work! Oops! (lucky the preview pics are small!)

Sorry if this has been posted before!

fibi
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks for that Fleur, the David Wright cheesecake pictures are lovely.