Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Remix Shoes!!

Quote Originally Posted by jitterbugdoll
    I'd like a pair of the Capris in turquoise (saw a friend wearing them with a turquoise print dress--it looked smashing) or a pair of the white wedges. I have two vintage pairs of white wedges, but one pair is showing a bit of wear these days...
    I think they turquoise one are really unusual, as are the pink ones, bt if i got those i think i could only wear them with a few outfits that i have, but that would then make an excuse to buy a out to go with them !
    "It's better to be looked over than to be overlooked." - Mae West

Very naughty~

I just blew a big ole wad of cash on three pairs of Remix shoes and none of them were on sale. But I was in need of shoes so it was time to invest in some new ones.

I'm getting these:

And this pair:

Oh and then this pair:

Looks like I'll be eating canned tuna for the rest of the week to make for that splurge. But I am tough on shoes and only buy them once a year and really REALLY wear them out.

Lunching at the Old South Restaurant, Fort Smith, AR Circa 1950
    Miss Dottie, those shoes look great! I especially love the green with the bows. I ordered the white wedges that were on sale. This will be my first pair of Remix shoes. They were so nice on the phone and helpful with the sizing. If I like them I may just have to get some of the other styles.
    Here we are in the cozy chair, picking on a wishbone from the Frigidare....

http://artheliasattic.blogspot.com/

does anyone know if the pumps are as comfortable as the wedges? ive got my eye on those babydoll pumps, but i have really flat feet and got a stress fracture about 5 months ago from wearing high heels, so im scared to invest in another pair!

maybe ill just buy them anyway!

I have the babydolls, and I like them very much -- they are *very* stiff when you first get them, though. Don't be put off by that -- you'll need to wear them around for a bit to break them in, but once you've done that they'll be quite wearable. (And I say this as someone who was born with flat feet and had to wear orthopedic high-top shoes till I was six!)
    The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. -- William Jennings Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Dottie
    I just blew a big ole wad of cash on three pairs of Remix shoes and none of them were on sale. But I was in need of shoes so it was time to invest in some new ones.

I'm getting these:

And this pair:

Oh and then this pair:

Looks like I'll be eating canned tuna for the rest of the week to make for that splurge. But I am tough on shoes and only buy them once a year and really REALLY wear them out.
    Ohh good choices! I love every pair! I have the greens one pictured, but in red (if that makes sense! ) and I can't praise them highly enough!! And that style looks SO good in green as well!
    "It's better to be looked over than to be overlooked." - Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieMaine
    I have the babydolls, and I like them very much -- they are *very* stiff when you first get them, though. Don't be put off by that -- you'll need to wear them around for a bit to break them in, but once you've done that they'll be quite wearable. (And I say this as someone who was born with flat feet and had to wear orthopedic high-top shoes till I was six!)
    i definitely trust your judgement then! i still have to wear custom orthopedic inserts in my shoes, and high heels do a doozy on me. but they are just too perfect for words! i think ill treat myself to them for my birthday.

Well, I just got the Remix shoes in the mail and I love them. All of them fit perfectly except for the red mary jane style, which seems to be on the small side, which is quite the bummer! So back they'll go.

But the other two--the green pair with the bow and the brown Picasso style shoe fit like a dream and I'm so excited to start wearing them out.

Another quick Remix update:

So, I wore my first pair of Remix wedges (the Picaso style, which I can't recommend highly enough) all day for 14 hours and not a single blister. They were so comfy and looked great on with my rolled dark denim jeans and Pendelton 49er plaid jacket.

And thank you Rebbeca D re: your note of their slippery soles. Before I even left the house I noticed that I was sorta "gliding" over the hardwood floors, so I went right out sanded the bottoms with a wire brush. Perfect! No slips since then!

Lunching at the Old South Restaurant, Fort Smith, AR Circa 1950
    I got my white wedges that were on sale last week.
    I was ordering the 8 because the measurements matched and that is what I normally wear. Anyway, the woman taking my order asked if I normally wear a 7. When I said no, she reccomended I get the 9, so I did.
    When I tried them on my foot was swimming in them! So back they went in exchange for an 8.
    If anyone gets these be sure you don't let them talk you into a bigger size.

Does anyone know if all the wedges run this way? Do you wear your actual size in them? It's confusing because they tell you they run small.
    Here we are in the cozy chair, picking on a wishbone from the Frigidare....

http://artheliasattic.blogspot.com/