Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own vintage town

"A List" Customer DancingSweetie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony in Tarzana
    Work at them? Trust me, you'll be running 'em.
    Yes, Lizzie would definitely run the theatre and radio station. Tony what would you be doing?

Just a gander at my avatar and you can guess what I'd be doing in the town!

"A List" Customer DancingSweetie's Avatar
    Yes deanglen, we would need your services.

My Mail is Forwarded Here carebear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingSweetie
    Yes deanglen, we would need your services.
    ba-dum bump. Thank you, she's here all week. Try the veal....

Matthew Carberry

Colbert: “While skin and race are often synonymous, skin cleansing is good, race cleansing is bad.”

My Mail is Forwarded Here Tony in Tarzana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingSweetie
    Yes, Lizzie would definitely run the theatre and radio station. Tony what would you be doing?
    Probably run the gas station with Wildroot.
    Talk to the hat, pal.

My Mail is Forwarded Here Mike in Seattle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear
    A jeweler and watch repair. Gunstore / smith / range. Tailors, hatters and a leatherworker / shoemaker. Shoeshine boy. Pool hall (WITH a capital "P" that rhymes with "T" ). A garage and gas station. Butcher / grocer. Telegram office. Telephone switchboard. Bank.
    Office supply with an array of fountain pens & inks, accounting ledgers, typewriter ribbons, adding machine tape, stationery - both business & personal, probably a small printing press in the back. Oh yeah - gotta stock Moleskines! Since drug store with lunch counter & soda fountain was mentioned, I'll add a diner to the list. Music store (sheet music, instruments) which would also probably sell records and radios. Haberdasher for the higher quality shirts & ties you couldn't find at the department store. Town square with a bandstand. Car dealer. Streetcar.

What else is "Vintageville" lacking?

Good call on the square with bandstand.

How about a lake on the outskirts for fishing and boating with a bathing beach and pavilion.

A law office for wills and such. Courthouse with JP and flagpole. A hoosegow for when Saturday night gets a bit out of hand. An air raid siren. A mortician / cemetary. A library (who's the Marion... librarian volunteer?) A monument to fallen heroes in the square.

Someplace will need to have a smoke-filled back room for various misdeeds like poker games or the playing of stag films.

A spooky old house on one of the streets and "haunted Indian caves" outside town.
    Matthew Carberry

Colbert: “While skin and race are often synonymous, skin cleansing is good, race cleansing is bad.”

A hotel, just across from the railroad station, with crusty local characters loafing around the lobby, an officious desk clerk, and a snappy-talking bellhop who knows all the local gossip.
    The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. -- William Jennings Bryan

Needs a couple restaurants, a florist, and some push-carts, I believe.
    All travellers must visit wardrobe before departure. And that goes for you especially Trevor. You've created a hell of a stink back in 2010 wearing those bloody silly goggles of yours and that hoodie. - Smithy

Old fashioned streetlights to flicker on at dusk (and for swinging around while singing and dancing).

A wooden Indian in front of the 5 and Dime.

A 5 and Dime.

A tobacconist for cigarettes, cigars and pipes for those who indulge. A package store for the other big vice.

At least one newsstand.

If we get big enough, a streetcar.
    Matthew Carberry