Page 86 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Reproduction classic workwear

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    What size are you? I have a size large lvc bunkhouse shirt that would fit your description to a "t"!

Large as in not large at all? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by mattfink
    Large as in not large at all? LOL!
    I guess it's between a large and a medium. I'm a medium and it's big on me! So you have hope!
    I may have a great hat, but I don't let it go to my head.

caps...

OK, so I think I found a nice vintage British wool flat cap (not an 8-panel), snap brim. Problem is, it has a little buckle on the back, like an old baseball cap. Does this point it to being later than the 60's or such? This all looks good, not modern or anything. But, will workwear aficionados snicker at me? The good thing about the buckle is that the cap is already small, and now I can adjust it down another 1/2" or so to fit my tiny head.

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    OK, so I think I found a nice vintage British wool flat cap (not an 8-panel), snap brim. Problem is, it has a little buckle on the back, like an old baseball cap. Does this point it to being later than the 60's or such? This all looks good, not modern or anything. But, will workwear aficionados snicker at me? The good thing about the buckle is that the cap is already small, and now I can adjust it down another 1/2" or so to fit my tiny head.
    Not necessarily. Once upon a time there were indeed buckles in front (on top of the brim, hidden by the fabric sitting on the brim) and in the back. What is the strap made of? Any pictures?

I'm hoping it doesn't look too "tweed-y".

Practically Family
    The buckle's not the problem, but that opening looks a little strange... though I don't know if it's an authentic detail - I doubt it though. Otherwise, if the rest looks nice and it's not too expensive, then go for it.
    *** Sim-Sala-Bim....Ala-Ka-Zam, Ala-Ka-Zap !!! ***

My Mail is Forwarded Here flat-top's Avatar
    I just got back from seeing Shutter Island. In one part Leonardo DiCaprio is wearing some pretty fantastic vintage looking workwear.
    "The future isn't what it used to be."~~Louis Cyphre

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl

I'm hoping it doesn't look too "tweed-y".
    The buckle looks good, but the hole looks like a modern interpretation on a classic item. Depending on price, I'd be wary. There are a lot of great looking caps out there!

It's pretty inexpensive. The problem for me is finding a 21" cap that won't overwhelm. And not so tweed-y. But I hadn't really seen an opening like that before, so that is why I asked. I might keep looking, or maybe I'll just decide to go with it. Thanks.

I do think it's very nice! Tha cap just has a feature that doubtfully would have been seen in the golden era. What's wrong with tweed anyways?