Page 270 of 272 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272 LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2717

Thread: Reproduction classic workwear

I like it. The zipper pulls are cool.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Familiar Face
    I don't typically associate leather fashion with workwear. Leather has no ventilation qualities, thus not good to wear during physical exertion (other than as reinforcement to high-stress parts of the garment).

Leather offers needed protection in occupations like blacksmiths or welding.
    Workwear is the new Black.
    I'm not a bearded logger but play one on the internets

Familiar Face
    Quote Originally Posted by Feraud View Post
    Leather offers needed protection in occupations like blacksmiths or welding.
    Yes but those occupations also require physical exertion so, how often do you think you'll find them wearing leather garments other than gloves, aprons and footwear?

Plenty often. Nearly every welder on big construction projects I have worked on has had some kind of jacket type garment with a leather front and sleeves and usually some kind of cloth back, or no back at all, and sometimes even a full leather back. I have worked around plenty of other tradesworkers who have worn sone kind of leather jacket, I suppose because they liked it or it's what they had. Never been much to wear mine to work, but that's chiefly because construction is dirty work and clothes tend to get ruined. A leather coat or vest is to much an investment to me to ruin. Concreter dust, which is ever-present on a big jobsite will wreck leather pretty quick, but it doesn't stop a lot of guys.
    I've also known plenty of guys who worked in trucking and warehousing who wore leather, just because they like it I guess. Those trades are hard but often not quite as filthy as digging a ditch.
    I also know plenty of cops who work in leather gear, and that can be a plenty physically demanding gig as well.
    I have no idea what kind of work you do or do not do, but it sounds like you just don't like the guys vest and want to argue.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I have a welders leather jacket at work. Keeps the sparks off you when you weld.

My Mail is Forwarded Here flat-top's Avatar
    Well I won't actually be doing and laborous work in it ,but I thought it had the look of something a Japanese high end workwear label might put out. I'm glad I hung onto it for all these years.
    "The future isn't what it used to be."~~Louis Cyphre

Merz B. Schwanen 1930's worker shirt

Found this cool longsleeve "polo" shirt while looking for jersey shirts with self fabric collar. Because of the colors I think it appeals to the "workwear" aesthetics rather than the "resort wear" style.

Blue on Mutiny

Green on Cultizm

SJC Bilt Tough Chinos - 14oz English twill.

Am I staring at a soon to be crotch?

How is the cut of the final pants? High waisted/ wide legged?