Page 85 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 2821

Thread: Reproduction classic workwear

  1. #841
    One of the Regulars jetgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    O-town
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by flat-top
    Has anyone picked up the Gap "destructed" khakis yet? I got pair of the "Cadet" style which is pretty cool. The others have paint splotches and oil stains etc, but the khaki Cadets have a hole repaired with a chambray patch. They were $25 a couple of weeks ago and I had to go for it.
    They're not online for some reason, but here's the other style they were merchandised with at the store:
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...hing-C5065.jsp
    I'm confused, why would one want to buy pants with paint splotches on them?

  2. #842
    "In Chile..."
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    18,249
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl

    ... why would one want to buy pants with paint splotches on them?
    To save one from having to buy a can of paint.


    .

  3. #843
    Practically Family mattfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    835
    Wah, wah, wahhhhh.....

  4. #844
    Practically Family
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    729
    The newest sweatshirts from The Gap look great on their website BUT my local store does not have all of them present (the cooler looking ones), however the ones that are there are really thin feeling. Not substantial like old sweats used to be, but more like a summer weight or something. I think the one mattfink posted is one that I saw in the flesh.... are the rest of that vintage sweatshirt line just as thin ?
    *** Sim-Sala-Bim....Ala-Ka-Zam, Ala-Ka-Zap !!! ***

  5. #845
    Practically Family mattfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug C
    The newest sweatshirts from The Gap look great on their website BUT my local store does not have all of them present (the cooler looking ones), however the ones that are there are really thin feeling. Not substantial like old sweats used to be, but more like a summer weight or something. I think the one mattfink posted is one that I saw in the flesh.... are the rest of that vintage sweatshirt line just as thin ?
    I think some of the sweats are thicker. You are right, the one I posted is like a summer weight or long sleeve t-shirt.

  6. #846
    Practically Family JimWagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    A welder's hat like this? They are still being made.



    Traditional welders cap from Amazon.

    The funny thing is, you usually wear these backward, because you have a full mask on and the bill prevents the "sparks" from tumbling down the back of your shirt.
    There were all kinds of welder's caps. Most of the welders I worked beside in the mid 60's (in my railroad days rebuilding boxcars - see, we weren't all hippies) wore quilted caps like this to cushion the helmet straps. Because the brim sloped down they usually wore this type cap frontwards so the brim protected the forehead.


  7. #847
    One Too Many Guttersnipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,799

    Wool chinstrap shirt???

    Does anybody know of a company making an affordable re-pop chinstrap shirt in a lighter wool? Something heavier (warmer) than chambray, but maybe not quite as heavy as pendelton wool?
    Who says the golden era has to be tasteful and dignified?

  8. #848
    Call Me a Cab mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    HOME - NYC
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Guttersnipe
    Does anybody know of a company making an affordable re-pop chinstrap shirt in a lighter wool? Something heavier (warmer) than chambray, but maybe not quite as heavy as pendelton wool?
    What size are you? I have a size large lvc bunkhouse shirt that would fit your description to a "t"!
    I may have a great hat, but I don't let it go to my head.

  9. #849
    "A List" Customer marineabilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Guttersnipe
    Does anybody know of a company making an affordable re-pop chinstrap shirt in a lighter wool? Something heavier (warmer) than chambray, but maybe not quite as heavy as pendelton wool?
    Woolrich Woolen Mills makes one:




  10. #850
    Practically Family mattfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    835
    Dig the obviously fake wear pattern on the jeans...yikes. Cool shirt though!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •