Page 85 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Reproduction classic workwear

Quote Originally Posted by flat-top
    Has anyone picked up the Gap "destructed" khakis yet? I got pair of the "Cadet" style which is pretty cool. The others have paint splotches and oil stains etc, but the khaki Cadets have a hole repaired with a chambray patch. They were $25 a couple of weeks ago and I had to go for it.
    They're not online for some reason, but here's the other style they were merchandised with at the store:
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...hing-C5065.jsp
    I'm confused, why would one want to buy pants with paint splotches on them?

"In Chile..."
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl

... why would one want to buy pants with paint splotches on them?
    To save one from having to buy a can of paint.

Wah, wah, wahhhhh.....

Practically Family
    The newest sweatshirts from The Gap look great on their website BUT my local store does not have all of them present (the cooler looking ones), however the ones that are there are really thin feeling. Not substantial like old sweats used to be, but more like a summer weight or something. I think the one mattfink posted is one that I saw in the flesh.... are the rest of that vintage sweatshirt line just as thin ?
    *** Sim-Sala-Bim....Ala-Ka-Zam, Ala-Ka-Zap !!! ***

Quote Originally Posted by Doug C
    The newest sweatshirts from The Gap look great on their website BUT my local store does not have all of them present (the cooler looking ones), however the ones that are there are really thin feeling. Not substantial like old sweats used to be, but more like a summer weight or something. I think the one mattfink posted is one that I saw in the flesh.... are the rest of that vintage sweatshirt line just as thin ?
    I think some of the sweats are thicker. You are right, the one I posted is like a summer weight or long sleeve t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    A welder's hat like this? They are still being made.

Traditional welders cap from Amazon.

The funny thing is, you usually wear these backward, because you have a full mask on and the bill prevents the "sparks" from tumbling down the back of your shirt.
    There were all kinds of welder's caps. Most of the welders I worked beside in the mid 60's (in my railroad days rebuilding boxcars - see, we weren't all hippies) wore quilted caps like this to cushion the helmet straps. Because the brim sloped down they usually wore this type cap frontwards so the brim protected the forehead.

Wool chinstrap shirt???

Does anybody know of a company making an affordable re-pop chinstrap shirt in a lighter wool? Something heavier (warmer) than chambray, but maybe not quite as heavy as pendelton wool?
    Who says the golden era has to be tasteful and dignified?

Quote Originally Posted by Guttersnipe
    Does anybody know of a company making an affordable re-pop chinstrap shirt in a lighter wool? Something heavier (warmer) than chambray, but maybe not quite as heavy as pendelton wool?
    What size are you? I have a size large lvc bunkhouse shirt that would fit your description to a "t"!
    I may have a great hat, but I don't let it go to my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Guttersnipe
    Woolrich Woolen Mills makes one:

Dig the obviously fake wear pattern on the jeans...yikes. Cool shirt though!