Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you keep your makeup in at home.

Paul

What do you keep your makeup in at home.

I read the post about travelling cases which is self explanatory.
    I was thinking about at home, are their cases for storing makeup, brushes sponge etc
    As the little I have is at present in a small drawer and the different bottle, containers gets all mixed up and in a mess.
    I have see ones like this (Below) in shops but apart from they might have the wrong shades in the set , hard to refill and not the best makeup available they would make things remain neat and tidy!.

It is NOT VERY VINTAGE.
    Is there a trick too storing makeup so you can see what you have and yet remain neat and tidy.

I looking for a practical solution that looks more vintage than 2006/7 which can hold everything and stored away any ideas are welcome

Honestly I'm terrible and have most things just thrown in a drawer or out on the counter. My grandmother though has this great vanity table / Cabinet that my grandfather made for her in the 50's sometime. The top lifts up and inside she has separated compartments with holders for everything from her lipstick to her brushes. It's really nice, I'm hoping to inherit it someday
    Nash

One of the Regulars
    I have a vanity table that I keep all my stuff on. It only has one drawer, though, so it gets pretty messy on top

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashoba
    Honestly I'm terrible and have most things just thrown in a drawer or out on the counter.
    Nash
    That's what I am like at the present, a vanity table sound good! (a little large for me) LOL

I suspect just throwing stuff into a drawer is pretty darn vintage -- I remember that's what my grandmother used to do!

I have an old '30s vanity that was abandoned by a previous tenant in an apartment where I used to live -- it's pretty beat up, but the drawers are good and deep, and I have no idea what's down at the bottom of them!
    The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. -- William Jennings Bryan

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, Tenessee
    I use the old vanities too. Don't have a stool, so my sewing chair gets dragged all over the place.

Although currently, the vanity doesn't do me any good. I can't wear my contacts for another 2 months, and I certainly can't see that far to use the mirror that goes along with it.

I have a vintage Chanel tin I got in London or Paris that the makeup I use is tossed in, and that usually gets stored in a treadle drawer, with all my other junk no one is allowed to touch.

Elaina

Truthfully, I have these little bureaus http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...0103&langId=-1 from Ikea that are drilled into the wall, I keep makeup and toiletries in those. Each little drawer holds makeup, brushes, nail files, etc. This so far has been the best system for me, before, I just threw things on my dresser top.
    Smile, what's the use of crying?

I have a walnut vanity, c. 1930, where I keep the war paint.

I keep mine in a couple of vintage train cases. The items I use every day are kept in a little cosmetic bag in a bathroom drawer.

Distinguished Service Award Lauren's Avatar
    I have a vanity, but admittedly I use it mostly for storing things in rather than using. It's getting overrun with my perfume bottles and costume jewelry at the moment.

My makeup is also thrown in a drawer in the bathroom. My brushes are on the counter in a little ceramic cup thing, and some of my glass bottles, like foundation and other goodies are on a little glass tray. I have another wooden tray where I throw the jewelry I have just worn (which is also overflowing) and a little glass cannister for bobby pins when I take them off (and it's luck if they actually make it in there)
    http://wearinghistoryblog.com
    "...be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2