Page 548 of 916 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558598648 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 9157

Thread: Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by DJH View Post
    Fabulous VS, J1.
    I'd say you'll have no problems getting noticed when you wear this one
    For sure, Jaunty. Let's see this one on!
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

Quote Originally Posted by hatophile View Post
    For sure, Jaunty. Let's see this one on!
    +1. Noggin shot is mandatory!

Quote Originally Posted by Jauntyone View Post
    A very special hat just arrived for me. It's an Ivory thin-ribbon in light-weight felt. The color is a beautiful off-white. I'm sure this one will get me noticed!

Thanks so much for this wonderful hat, Art!
    That is a very striking color. WOW! That is a hat! Congrats to you and Art. I understand that the ivory color is very difficult to work with. I hope no other hat bodies were hurt in the making of your gorgeous lid.

The ribbon work I really like. The lines and bow create eye interest. Perhaps that is as I have seen a lot of curved ribbon, or spent a lot of time with the vintage Stetson Strat ribbons on my head. In any case, it provides eye interest to me. IMO, the lines and proportions of the hat really make it a versatile wearing hat. You wear it well with a suit.

Can you expound a bit about the feel of the felt? You have quite a bit of experience with Art's hats and I would appreciate the comments from your expert hands eyes. If you would, can you share the situations and attire you would wear this stunning hat? Will you wear it without a suit? (I believe I have read/viewed this thread and only seen a couple pics of you without a tie.)

I am asking a bit much, but consider if you have some time, would you provide a group shot of your VS hats? I have admired your choices and colors the past year. If not, I understand. They are grand hats. Your sage hat still haunts me when I pull out Art's color swatches.

Eye catching for sure. In my neighborhood (Minnesota, USA) folks generally are conservative, reserved, have a disinclination to make a fuss or stand out, absolutely show emotional restraint, this hat would be an eye catcher. This hat I like.

Thanks in advance sir!

Admiring the color, Eric -
    Last edited by Short Balding Guy; 02-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks for the nice comments, DJH, Hatophile, and jbucklin!
    Eric, thanks to you, too. I don't really consider myself an expert, but I do have a few of Art's hats. This felt has that "quality" feel that his hats always have. It's a light-weight, so it has that vintage "crinckly" feel to a great extent; it's very easy to crease. The ribbon work and construction are absolutely top-notch as always.
    The color is great; under electric lights it looks white and in the sun it has a cream cast to it.
    I think I can pretty much wear it with any suit or sport-coat. I would even wear it with a camp-collared shirt or a hawai'ian shirt, if you get those over here. Next time I go back to the States, I'll have to buy some. The thin-ribbon is realy versatile and in my opinion can be dressed up or down and worn with anything.
    I'll try to get a "family shot" together in the near future.

[QUOTE=Jauntyone;1404316] It's a light-weight, so it has that vintage "crinckly" feel to a I would even wear it with a camp-collared shirt or a hawai'ian shirt, if you get those over here. Next time I go back to the States, I'll have to buy some. The thin-ribbon is realy versatile and in my opinion can be dressed up or down and worn with anything.
    QUOTE]

Yes, some nice Aloha shirts would look fabulous with that hat. You can get them on Ebay you know!
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

One of the Regulars
    Hello, not my first post but still new around here. I can't remember how I stumbled upon the lounge but after reading 500 plus pages of the Art Fawcett hall of fame I nwe I wanted one.
    I got inspired by manny but mostly by Rabbit, HandlebarBart, Dazaiwaguy. I asked Art for a sahara 5.5 tall crown and a 2. 1/8 wide brim. It came today and it,s super nice.
    Paul I tied to upload the foto could't figure out how to do it, file is to big

Quote Originally Posted by smoothsailor View Post
    Upload your pictures to a host (such as Photobucket). Then copy and paste the IMG code for the photo you wish to share into your Lounge post.

One of the Regulars
    thank u, I try.
    Paul

thank u, I try.
    Paul
    It's a simple thing to do once you get the hand of it. Good luck!

Welcome to the Lounge, smoothsailor!

Before uploading the pics to an image hosting site, you will need to reduce the original picture's file size by using an image viewing/ converting/ editing program or whatever these things are called.
    There are many freeware options. I use Fast Stone Image Viewer, for no particular reason. I just happened to come across it, and it works just great.
    A picture length of, say, 1100 Pixel would be on the large side of what is practical; a length of 700 Pixel would have a more reduced pic resolution, but would also load very fast. Or in terms of file size, 300+ KB would be on the large end; 150 KB would be a smaller file.

Jauntyone, congrats on your latest VS! Ivory sure is a stunning color!
    Last edited by Rabbit; 02-16-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    Cheers! Nik