Page 136 of 347 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3465

Thread: The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Quote Originally Posted by zetwal View Post
    Borsalinos like that sold at the same price ($20) for 40 years?
    I don't know that it is the original sticker. I've seen hats with all kinds of price stickers. I have a Borsalino with the original price crossed out and marked to half-price.
    Honestly I think its 50's-60's but the hat stayed the same during that period and thats the most generic liner sweatband and price label to be found. Probably could have been $20.00 from original shop through the 60's, 70's as a mark down.

found this ad info: Display Ad 19 -- No Title‎
    Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - Sep 8, 1959
    ... ship and distinguished appearance Knox Borsalino and Cavanagh Youll find ... B o r s a I i n o Alessandria pinch rout has wider brim and narrow band $20 ...
    Last edited by rlk; 12-10-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Now I follow your logic (and I don't disagree).

Expanding the discussion a bit, Have you collected data on the more or less common American retail prices of basic Borsalinos through the decades?

Quote Originally Posted by zetwal View Post
    Now I follow your logic (and I don't disagree).

Expanding the discussion a bit, Have you collected data on the more or less common American retail prices of basic Borsalinos through the decades?
    Its a good idea for a project. I've been too cheap to delve into the pervasive "pay per view" ad listings.
    Price stickers can however be like boxes and loose receipts---hard to know if they are the originals.
    Last edited by rlk; 12-10-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlk View Post
    Its a good idea for a project. I've been too cheap to delve into the pervasive "pay per view" ad listings.
    Too cheap?! Dude, I find that hard to believe. Still, I do follow what you mean. Someone around here must must subscribe to some of these data bases. It would be an interesting project. Nudge nudge hint hint ...

New In Town
    hey fella's, i haven't yet actually shown the original price that is in the hat, but will post a pic as soon as i can get a close up show that isn't blurry, which means using my DSLR. it's not actually a sticker, it's physically attached to the sweatband.

appreciating the conversation, nonetheless.

It would also be helpful to see a photo of the Borsalino paper tag behind the sweatband (rear side) . It should have the size and model information. Should look something like this.

Last edited by mayserwegener; 12-10-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luxmatic View Post
    hey fella's, i haven't yet actually shown the original price that is in the hat, but will post a pic as soon as i can get a close up show that isn't blurry, which means using my DSLR. it's not actually a sticker, it's physically attached to the sweatband.

appreciating the conversation, nonetheless.
    If its an OPS price tag then you have a 1951-3 date(one of the few that is actually adhered to the sweatband at original supplier)
    Last edited by rlk; 12-11-2010 at 12:05 AM.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by rlk View Post
    If its an OPS price tag then you have a 1951-3 date(one of the few that is actually adhered to the sweatband at original supplier)
    that's it, except mine is $20, that's exactly the same tag, all those letters and numbers are the same as mine.

so if i understand correctly, mine must be a 51-53 then. nice!

thanks for the help rlk, much appreciated

Familiar Face
    Got my first vintage Borso today, eBay win excellent felt but too small just won't work for me, I put it on the classifieds here for trade, got a Borso Homburg on the way so not too sad, but still am a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny2guns View Post
    Got my first vintage Borso today, eBay win excellent felt but too small just won't work for me [...]
    Sorry to hear that it didn't fit as you had hoped. But don't be too discouraged. Buying hats unseen is always a bit risky. And we have all landed otherwise wonderful hats that just don't fit. It can smart until you find the right hat. Once you do the wound will close quickly.