Page 1 of 2163 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you wearing today??

What are you wearing today??

Ok folks:What are you wearing today that exudes that vintage look??

This is my ensemble today: Wool trousers,dark brown oxfords,brown and grey check Pendleton shirt,dark brown waistcoat and herringbone tweed sportcoat.
    Add my Borsalino tweed cap and Hamilton khaki GMT automatic and there you have it!!!

JD in blustery and rainy Vancouver,Wa

Grey Bill's M1 trousers, ochre vintage Pendleton loop shirt, brown vintage Woolrich short coat, brown leather dress boots and to top it off a brown 3X Stetson. Pretty much the same as every day.
    J. M. S.
    A lot more Bing than Bogey

My new button fly dated 1958 khakis (thanks Mr Bern), tattersall check shirt, vintage tie, brogues, horsehide A2 jacket and B2 winter flying cap.

A sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth. - Fitzgerald

I'm wearing a wool acqua turtleneck sweater, cream-colored a-line skirt, black loafers, and earrings. I tried to go for the sweater girl look today.

All you guys sound fantastic. Here's my outfit for today:
    Very old Levis 501
    BLUE twotone shoes from Bologna
    blue shirt w. thin white stripe
    and my RAF Battle Dress jacket w. pilotwing
    and a burgundy silkscarf.
    ...I know it sounds strange.
    "There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!'

Alas, I'm only old-school on the outside:

black jeans, black lambswool crewneck (both LL Bean), black New Balance walking shoes

seal brown Flight Suits M-422A jacket and light brown tweed B!wear newsboy cap.

I know - black and brown shouldn't work together, but I think it makes a dramatic contrast.

It's very sunny but quite cold today in the northern NYC burbs - it was only in the high 20s when I left for work this morning.

Being slowly digested inside "The Crouching Monster"
    1930s Australian 3 piece blue pinstripe DB suit (thanks Wes). White "Pogues" 30s shirt. Brown striped Botany brand 30s tie. Brown shoes. Brown 50s Stetson whippet.

bk
    There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. All the rest . . . comes afterwards. Albert Camus

http://baronkurtzvintage.wordpress.com/

"A List" Customer
    Three-piece suit made from 15 ounce twill worsted. Not vintage, but woven the old fashioned way. The vest is eight button DB with big wide shawl lapels. Again, not vintage (made this year) but old fashioned. Looks something like the suit on the right:

My Mail is Forwarded Here flat-top's Avatar
    Modern white/ tan striped dress shirt, RRL Hollywood waisted slacks, 1940's tie with fall leaf motif, and 1950's brown shoes! And now I'm off to work!
    "The future isn't what it used to be."~~Louis Cyphre

I am repro more than vintage...

1930's inspired tea length black & cream plaid skirt, Black peek a boo platform heel - these shoes are dead sexy, I almost swooned when I found them - and a black turtle neck sweater.
    Pearl earrings and a bracelet made out of vintage type writer keys - sounds weird but it is very cool.
    A woman is beautiful when she's loved, and only then.