Page 1930 of 2194 FirstFirst ... 930143018301880192019281929193019311932194019802030 ... LastLast
Results 19,291 to 19,300 of 21937

Thread: What are you wearing today??

My Mail is Forwarded Here Flat Foot Floey's Avatar
    It looks like made of newborn lambs fur. There is a term for it but I forgot. When I was younger my grand grandmother used to have a hat and a coat made of this and it scared me.

My Mail is Forwarded Here splintercellsz's Avatar
    I would love a coat like that nonetheless.

Today, I just donned my 30's Stetson Special, 50's Hart Schaffner & Marx Blazer, 50's Richman Brothers Harris Tweed Overcoat, and 60's Seiko watch (my great grandfathers ), and the rest are modern items, so I won't get into that!

Buttoned up!

Un-Buttoned!
    I seem to have acquired quite a serious fever... and the only cure is more hats!
    Best Wishes,
    Justin

Items in the Classifieds:
    WTB: 1900s - 1940s Fedoras, Homburgs, Westerns, Caps, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.seagraves.98

Being slowly digested inside "The Crouching Monster" …
    "Persian Lamb" or "Astrakhan"? I have a dream of an overcoat lined in astrakhan with a big astrakhan collar.

This but black:

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot Floey View Post
    It looks like made of newborn lambs fur. There is a term for it but I forgot. When I was younger my grand grandmother used to have a hat and a coat made of this and it scared me.
    There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. All the rest . . . comes afterwards. Albert Camus

http://baronkurtzvintage.wordpress.com/

Baron, that coat is epic. I would totally wear that. I actually prefer the blue/black contrast over a black on black design. That coat would be awesome with a shiny silk tophat and an ascot under a wing or high stand collar. Love it.

Splinter - getting better and better, my friend! That ensemble is understated, yet elegant and showing plenty of panache. Keep it up!

The only minor thing I notice is that your shirt collar may perhaps be slightly too large for you. You seem to have quite a bit of space between your neck and the collar, but I could be wrong as pictures can be deceiving. Only a minor point and it detracts very, very little from the whole package.
    Last edited by Gin&Tonics; 12-06-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9912/gtsig.jpg
    “Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”

I am wearing a fleece jacket in honor of the US government. I think fleece is appropriate as they have fleeced most of us for years.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesAndBrews View Post
    I am wearing a fleece jacket in honor of the US government. I think fleece is appropriate as they have fleeced most of us for years.
    What B&B you think it's only in America(haha)
    "Can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself" (Ricky Nelson)

Quote Originally Posted by Stearmen View Post
    Hay Dinerman are you still out there? I hope you know we are all just having fun? I personally think that is one darn cool jacket! On a serious note, what the heck is that made of? Is it synthetic, or natural? You do come up with the greatest finds.
    I think it's buffalo. Turn of the century, sold in upstate NY.
    Of course I've got a sense of humor about it! The dog, well, maybe not so much.
    DinerHunter.com - Food
    VintageHaberdashers.com - Clothes
    LowModern.com - Architecture

My Mail is Forwarded Here splintercellsz's Avatar
    That you! I would have to agree. The shirt is from my mother's boyfriend, and well, he is a bit bigger than I am. But you are right, it is a wee-bit big. The shoulders dont fall where they should, so even that part is off.

On the flip-side, I am soon going to be purchasing some shirts that fit properly, and I am thinking about going the detachable-collar route. Something different!
    I seem to have acquired quite a serious fever... and the only cure is more hats!
    Best Wishes,
    Justin

Items in the Classifieds:
    WTB: 1900s - 1940s Fedoras, Homburgs, Westerns, Caps, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.seagraves.98

This was on Sunday.

Respectfully, if possibly sarcastically,
    John

And... South Pacific! Just outside of Philly!

Also, my Food Blog has posts again, so check it out.

My Mail is Forwarded Here Stearmen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinerman View Post
    I think it's buffalo. Turn of the century, sold in upstate NY.
    Of course I've got a sense of humor about it! The dog, well, maybe not so much.