Page 23 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your hair do's....

Sari... I love your hair like that! I would have never known those were fake! Great style!

Quote Originally Posted by RetroModelSari
    Talking about Fake Bangs... Here is one photo of me having one:

I made that one with a foam rat. I rolled the hair forward over the rat and fixed it with a loooot of hairpins and hairspray. I think this makes the bang much more solid and lating longer than a loose bang.

Kat... Your hair looks beautiful there. I love how your main roll is a hidden one. Please post a Pageboy tutorial. I am having a hard time styling my hair that way. I think my hair may be too thick, but I don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KAT
    My new one from today. I tried taking pics of my hair in rollers but it didnt work that well. In my album i posted some pictures about the way i set my rollers.(but not in my hair though ) I used the "fab bangs" pattern, but didnt go for bangs.
    I used a lot of rollers for this. Next time i will try to explain the pageboy type of hairstyle you gals asked for and i will take more detailed pictures. step by step..

http://public.fotki.com/KATHARINAB/kathy-1/

Hi Dolls! I had a show last Saturday night and wanted to show you the way I wore my hair. With advice from Jitterbugdoll I was able to get fluffier curls! Yay!

Before the first act in the bathroom! Hahaha

After the night was over at home...

I don't know why my face looks distorted in the second photo... I think photobucket is being wonky.

Kat, you wear your hair very similar to mine--it's very cute!

Lolita--I like those rolls on you--I sometimes go for the triple roll look (I call that look "Triple Roll Delight" ). What did you do differently?

Jitterbugdoll... The biggest thing I did was use setting lotion! That made a big difference in the fluffiness. I did however have to tame the fluff down a bit. I had a great Afro puff happening before that, but not the look I was going for. I want to see photos of you with 3 rolls. I think I have only seen you with 2. Heck, I just like seeing your hair.

Setting lotion works wonders! But if you keep ending up with a lot of frizz, you may be taking too small of sections. Are you using hot rollers? Also, trying combing a bit of smoothing creme or a tiny bit of pomade through your after the curlers are out.

You do a very nice job with your hair as well I only have a photo from a couple of years ago, where I made the rolls a little more flat to my head. I prefer to style them the way you did them on Saturday, though:

oh i love the "Triple Roll Delight" both versions..i did that a couple of times very similar to yours, Lolita and Jitterbugdoll..you two look great!
    You can take the girl out of Germany-
    but you cant take Germany out of the girl!

Find and Like me on Facebook! I specialize in Vintage Retro Hair and Makeup! And tell all your girlfriends!!
    www.Facebook.com/BlitzVisageMakeup
    http://blitzvisage.blogspot.com/

I have to admit, I was a bit of a hair snob. My hair curls really well without any product, so I got a bit of a high nose on setting lotion, but since my hair was getting a bit long, I thougt I would try it and Wow, I am quite happy with it. I used pin-curls actually to do my hair the other night. I ended up running my slightly damp fingers (water and setting lotion) through my hair afterwards to tame it. I really should have taken before photos! It was a kick!

Thank you. Your hair looks gorgeous in the triple crown (that is what I call it). It is very similar to the way I styled it except the center roll in rolled the opposite way. I will have to try it in the flatter style you have. I think it gives it a more casual day look versus a glam evening look. Great job!

Oh! By the way... Jake from Jake's Chop Shop says hi. I saw him at the carshow. He thought I was you. Seriously, we are going to have to start wearing nametags!

Quote Originally Posted by jitterbugdoll
    Setting lotion works wonders! But if you keep ending up with a lot of frizz, you may be taking too small of sections. Are you using hot rollers? Also, trying combing a bit of smoothing creme or a tiny bit of pomade through your after the curlers are out.

You do a very nice job with your hair as well I only have a photo from a couple of years ago, where I made the rolls a little more flat to my head. I prefer to style them the way you did them on Saturday, though:

Thank you very much Kat!

Quote Originally Posted by KAT
    oh i love the "Triple Roll Delight" both versions..i did that a couple of times very similar to yours, Lolita and Jitterbugdoll..you two look great!

Like my grandmother, I love to try new products. I'm always looking for that 'magic' one

Yes, I ran into Jake as he was leaving I think people are just confused by our blonde hair and tall stature When I was leaving your last show some gals said goodbye to me from across the parking lot, but called me Lolita. Too funny!

Thank you, Kat! If you lived here, I am sure the three of us would have to start wearing name tags