Page 1104 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 104604100410541094110211031104110511061114 ... LastLast
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 11266

Thread: Show us your hair do's....

Went in for a touch up and my stylist added a bit more red. I think I may take the leap and do mostly red with a few dark streaks.

For a dance on Oct 20, finally went to a stylist friend who always does her own hair fantastic for vintage and historical dance events. I wanted it very Myrna Loy from the 1941 film Shadow of the Thin Man. I thought I didn't have enough hair of my own, so I had just re-colored my hair to match a hairpiece I already had. She said my own hair was enough. The first thing she told me was that for vintage looks, she had to recut my hair. First she showed me how to style it for modern everyday, then she did her vintage styling magic! I kept saying, "This cannot be my hair!"

this is after I brushed it out the next morning, I'd love to have my hair look like either of these styles every day!
    Last edited by chanteuseCarey; 11-02-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    "Baby, you've arrived."

"A List" Customer MissNathalieVintage's Avatar
    I noticed as I get older my hair has thined out a bit do to hereditary. So now I no longer have thick hair. I learned I can still style my thin hair in 1940s-1960s styles. Here is a 1960s hair style I have been sporting.
    Here is the top of my hair http://s253.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=2
    Next is the full effect http://s253.beta.photobucket.com/use...54116849539815
    Here is the back of my hair. http://s253.beta.photobucket.com/use...67100563248538 I put my hair in a half ponytail, pushed the ponytail up to give the top of my hair a mini behive look. Then I pin curled the end and pined the curl to my head flat. Sprayed with hairspray and used layrite pomade to smooth the sides of my hair http://www.amazon.com/Layrite-Deluxe.../dp/B004AMCBQA and brushed the ends over my hands, I did not curl my hair since my hair has a natural wave to it.
    ...Kept by the power of God-1 Peter 1:5

A side by side picture of my Mom and I. She was 18 years old at the time and I am, eh hem, a lot older than that now. After I posted the picture she told me how she used to do her hair. She basically teased it to the point of it all standing on end. Then combed it into submission.
    http://www.thedarlingplum.com/1/post...quick-tip.html

One of the Regulars VintageBaroness's Avatar
    After my new hairdresser went a little wild with the thinning shears, I ended up going from a 30s waved style to a 20s Eton Crop. I've decided to embrace the garçonne look for a while. Excuse the grainy instagram pic. Anyway, my motto right now is: Bring on the kiss curls!

Blog: "Tea with the Vintage Baroness"

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming"--Myrna Loy

Quote Originally Posted by VintageBaroness View Post
    After my new hairdresser went a little wild with the thinning shears, I ended up going from a 30s waved style to a 20s Eton Crop. I've decided to embrace the garçonne look for a while. Excuse the grainy instagram pic. Anyway, my motto right now is: Bring on the kiss curls!

I like it it's a really cute cut!

Quote Originally Posted by SheBear74 View Post
    Went in for a touch up and my stylist added a bit more red. I think I may take the leap and do mostly red with a few dark streaks.

I love your hair it looks great! I also love those sunglasses. Are they vintage or a repro, if so where did you get them?

Thanks epr25! They are repro that I found a the local Goodwill

One of the Regulars VintageBaroness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epr25 View Post
    I like it it's a really cute cut!
    Thanks very much!!
    Blog: "Tea with the Vintage Baroness"

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming"--Myrna Loy

One of the Regulars Miss Stella's Avatar
    Oh my, you're lovely! I do so love your new do! Well done and welcome!
    "Fashion fades...only style remains the same".
    Coco Chanel