Page 72 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374821221725721072 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your hair do's....

I ordered Lottabody over the internet and got out some hard plastic rollers I bought in a thrift and disinfected them. I set my hair on Saturday night and slept in the rollers (I forgot how nasty they are).

Sunday morning I took the rollers out. I wear my hair parted on the left side. When I got done brushing it out my mother from the 50s was looking back at me in the mirror. So now at least I know how to get the style I want. I just need a little trim to even the back out. They were not kidding when they say you'll wind up looking like your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Emblaze

cute hair style. Love the ponytail. I have to ask is that an old Pooh Bear in the background? Couldn't help spotting the yellow and red.

BonnieJean, thanks for your input. I will try doing my hair in the way you suggested.

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan
    This isn't the Powder Room, so it's okay if I post mine, right?

Not overly vintage, but a pretty classic cut. Got it layered because my hair is a heavy mess without it. No, I have no idea why I look angry in the first picture. -_-

*Daisy gives a whistle and a wink for the handsome gent in the room, woohooooo!!

**moved post**

Jovan, moved your post. There is a fellas hair thread here and altho you look smashing lets keep this hair thread ladies hair only.

Thanks,

LD

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Day
    Jovan, moved your post. There is a fellas hair thread here and altho you look smashing lets keep this hair thread ladies hair only.

Thanks,

LD
    I dunno...Daisy didn't seem to mind!!

One of the Regulars Small Town Girl's Avatar
    How right you are!

Practically Family
    Okay, I took the advise from all of you wonderful ladies here and used more hair this time in my rollers. I also waited for it to be slightly damp.

Observations:

1. It is getting much easier to roll. I don't know if it's due to the conditions above or if it's due to me getting used to the process.

2. My rollers are not nearly half as loose as they were before. I think I had such little hair in the rollers that it was causing the hair to fall out.

I am getting exicted to see what it looks like tomorrow. My only concern is my bangs which I rolled up higher than before. I am afriad they may be too short.

Anyhow, here is my prediciment. I want this set to last me until Saturday. the last two sets I had drooped after sleeping on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with your curled hair when you are sleeping?

Thanks!

Practically Family
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with your curled hair when you are sleeping?
    Kimberly, I'd like to know the answer to this too, especially since I toss and turn so much in my sleep.

And those of you that share a bed with your sweetie, what does he say about those lovely curlers in your hair at night? Is there any way to look attractive while wearing curlers?

Sometimes I sleep with a scarf or net over my hair, but most of the time I don't. The curlers stay in pretty well on their own, and no matter how well I secure the scarf/net, it always ends up slipping off before I wake up, thus defeating the purpose of wearing it.

I've not had any complaints from my sweetie, and in fact was told that I looked cute with the curlers in. Though I am not sure I agree with that statement, I am not going to argue, either.