Page 60 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162701101605601060 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your hair do's....

Practically Family
    Lolilta, thanks for posting those pics. I will be on the lookout for hats with grippers going forward! None of mine have them and I was wondering why I couldn't keep them on.

WOWWWEEE Lolita! Those pics really look vintage. Can you be any more adorable!?
    Great hats too!

Snookie I always thought your avatar WAS some star shot from a film or somthing, And you DO have the Hilary/Garland thing going on. Love that blue dress!

Nikki

Quote Originally Posted by ohairas
    Snookie I always thought your avatar WAS some star shot from a film or somthing, And you DO have the Hilary/Garland thing going on. Love that blue dress!
    Ackk! Too sweet! My avatar is from the Seaside Ball last year out here in San Pedro, and I'm wearing my wedding reception dress (that I justified buying b/c I can wear it to 1920's events...)

Relevant to the hair thread, I also did my hair that night with Hot Sticks, and just changed the curler pattern in the front. My hair was also shorter then, and all one length. Magically, it turned out to have a slight fingerwave pattern. (I think the key was my brushing technique -- trying to keep it smooth rather than fluffy, and not fluffing it with my hands after brushing.) I doubt I can replicate it this year, with the new haircut.

Lo, I love that hat! And I was wondering what those were for!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Buchanan
    When I met you at the QM I thought you reminded me of someone!!
    So did I! In fact, I figured it was because Snookie totally has the 1940s Girl Next Door look going...which is a total compliment. I thought your husband reminded me of the actor Paul Bettany (another compliment).

Practically Family
    Okay, I attempted pincurls last night which was a dissaster (I bought hair pins that were too big) so I curled my hair with vintage perm rods and used the hair pins to secure it. I suffered one night of sleeping in such a state and woke up early this morning to check my work. Well, I look worse than Rosanna Rosanna Danna, I look more like Jimmi Hendrix. I have short frizzy curls that go in every direction you can think of. LOL, it's so bad I put on a knit hat in fear one of the kids will wake up to use the bathroom and laugh at me.

So, off to the shower I go and I will use a curling iron to fix this disaster. I found a Sally's and I am going to have to get small and medium sized rollers in order to tame this mane of mine. I am also going to get those awesome finger wave rollers that Pink owns.

This is mighty hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    Okay, I attempted pincurls last night which was a dissaster (I bought hair pins that were too big) so I curled my hair with vintage perm rods and used the hair pins to secure it. I suffered one night of sleeping in such a state and woke up early this morning to check my work. Well, I look worse than Rosanna Rosanna Danna, I look more like Jimmi Hendrix. I have short frizzy curls that go in every direction you can think of. LOL, it's so bad I put on a knit hat in fear one of the kids will wake up to use the bathroom and laugh at me.

So, off to the shower I go and I will use a curling iron to fix this disaster. I found a Sally's and I am going to have to get small and medium sized rollers in order to tame this mane of mine. I am also going to get those awesome finger wave rollers that Pink owns.

This is mighty hard work.
    I had thought about using perm rods. Thanks for being the guinea pig. Looks like I'll go with rollers of some kind. I was on Sally's website and saw that they have quite a few to select from. I'm hoping that I'll get nice waves with curled ends. I'll keep ya'll posted when I finally get the chance to try it.

Practically Family thebadmamajama's Avatar
    I am also going to get those awesome finger wave rollers that Pink owns.
    Does anyone know if Sally's carries fingerwave rollers/clips?
    No man can speak of women because no man understands that every new makeup, every new dress brings forth a new soul

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadmamajama
    Does anyone know if Sally's carries fingerwave rollers/clips?
    Yes they do. Pink Dahlia posted a picture of what they looked like and I bought them with ease thanks to the picture (I forgot what thread the picture was on. I looked a couple pages back on this thread and didn't see it.

Now I have to figure out how to use them. . I also bought pink foam rollers, Queen Helene conditioner because my hair is getting fried from the curling iron and a bunch of other stuff. My jaw hit the floor when the grand total came to over $60!! You can do some serious damage there without even realizing it.

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    I've tried a lot of different curling contraptions over the past few years. I've come to realize that no matter how much I like the look of tight pin curls on others, they just don't suit the shape of my face. I've recently been doing a looser and thicker curl, and like the look, even if I'm not all that sure of how vintage it is. Anyway, I've found a few different types of curlers that I'm happy with. The above mentioned hotsticks are great for a heated set.
    Jitterbugdoll was nice enough to introduce me to a foam stick roller from Goody that are actually really comfortable to sleep in, if you do a wet set, and give me the same type of wave/curl that I get from the Hotsticks. I couldn't find the exact ones by Goody that she recommended, but I did find a set at Adiscount Beauty on line called Sassy Curlers. They look exactly like the ones JBD showed me by goody. They are a foam rod with a tulip at one end that has a hole in the center of it. Just wrap your hair around the rod and stick one end through the hole in the tulip. They work just like the hot sticks, are very easy to use, and I get a great curl from them when I do a wet set.
    I also bought from the same place Super Rollers. You cannot sleep in these, they are for a wet set. They are very long foam rods that you can twist into any shape. They come in different widths. I've used them once when I had time to do a wet set during the day time. I liked the curls I got from them but prefer the Sassy Curlers, for they can be slept in.
    I did also buy the Ryler Stylers, the large pink contraptions for waving, but have yet to use them.
    Good luck and hope someone finds one of these products useful.