Page 61 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your hair do's....

Badmamajama:

These are the wave clips.

What I do for waves is apply setting lotion (also at Sally's) to wet hair. Put in the clips and go to bed. I'm sure you can leave them in until your hair dries if you didn't want to sleep in them as they aren't comfortable. I've never tried them that way as my hair doesn't like to do much but be straight.

Practically Family
    Pink, It may be hard to explain in writing but how do you put the clips in? Do you just put them under your hair? Thanks for the information, I am so happy I got some and can't wait to try them.

Practically Family
    Okay, the foam rollers seem to work much better than pin curls, rag curls or perm rods on my hair, the only problem is that I have too much curl.

Do you all use selective curls or do you curl your whole head.

Here is the finished product with the foam rollers.

Time to change the avatar, Kimberly!

Pics:

Take into consideration my hair is dry. I usually do a dramatic side part for a genuine 20s look. Make sure you push enough hair up into the clips (I use three) if you want your waves to look good.

I hope this helps!

Practically Family
    LOL Pink, I just changed it. I can use it as my curl barometer to gage my progress. . I think I need bigger rollers. LOL, I am going to spend over $100 at Sallys by the time i'm done sigh.

Thanks for the pics. I will try those tomorrow. I have naturally wavy hair so I think my hair may behave more tame with those than with curlers.

"A List" Customer Hamilton_Honey's Avatar
    Formerly Hamilton Air Force Base, now The Beautiful Sonoran Desert, Arizona
    I typically wear rolls in the front with the rest of my hair curled or in a snood or scarf. But recently I chopped off a few inches and went for pin curls all over and i like this way too:

It sure is easy to deal with all curly!

Oh - on a side note about keeping hats on, some of the vintage hats I own have little hair combs sewn into them with an elastic loop - you could easily do this on your own to help keep them in place. And of course hat pins are helpful too!

Practically Family thebadmamajama's Avatar
    PD! Thank you so much for the images! I think I'm going to hie me over to Sally's when I'm home in civilization for Easter break!
    No man can speak of women because no man understands that every new makeup, every new dress brings forth a new soul

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Dahlia

Take into consideration my hair is dry. I usually do a dramatic side part for a genuine 20s look. Make sure you push enough hair up into the clips (I use three) if you want your waves to look good.

I hope this helps!
    When you did your hair for your 1920's event (a picnic?) did you push the hair forward and back as you inserted the clips? (Sorry, I know that doesn't make sense.) When I had my hair fingerwaved last year, she formed them by pushing my hair, but your hair looked good -- I'm wondering if with the clips it's possible to skip that step!

No I just used the clips to pull up my hair and form little mounds. (Does that make sense?) I think that's the purpose of the clips to avoid having to make the actual wave motion with your fingers. I find the clips to be much easier and couldn't do the traditional waves to save my life!

What if y'all try using the wave clips in a "brick layered" staggered arrangement? Like, put the top one in and scoot the hair out towards your forhead more, then the next one towards the back of the head a bit, then the next one towards your face again. Make sense? I'll have to dig for mine and try it.

I *really* suggest everyone try to get the cosmetology book I had posted in another thread. It tells you why and how. Many things will determine a set/good comb out.

I can't help but laugh at the perm rods.. shoulda asked me first, hehehe! I did that when I was about 13, oh.. it was awful!!

Nikki