Advertisements
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sunglasses for women!

One of the Regulars

Advertisements
    I'm looking for a good pair (not too much $$$$) of 40s sunglasses for summer reproductions.

Any suggestions. More men's than women's on ebay.

Thanks!

Mary S.

One of the Regulars
    summer "reenactments"

Banned
    i have sunglasses in summer

Dead Men's Spex have a lovely selection of vintage frames (and you can browse by era), but I often come across a lot of cheap, vintage-style modern sunglasses in T K/J Maxx. T K Maxx change their stock regularly (at least in the UK), so it's worth it to keep checking.

I have a pair of ray ban clubmasters smiliar to these http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2156/990 my colored part is a champagne marbled look but these are a very retro looking pair of sunglasses. And I have to say I love mine.
    "After all, a girl is - well, a girl. It's nice to be told you're successful at it.
    ~ Rita Hayworth

My favorite so far is Allyn Scura, though they can be a little pricey. My best pair of 1930s sunglasses were a random find on ebay, so just keep looking!

ASOS has lots of cute round '40s style at the moment in the $20 range.

Por ejemplo:

Not too north, not too south; just right, in CA.
    These are the prescription sunglasses I wear - they're hand made in California by Kala Eyewear .

"Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?"

Didn't want to spend this much, but could NOT find what I wanted cheaper:

Also in tortoise and red
    Polarized, $99, eyebobs.com
    Other vintagey styles too:

20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. True, but NOT by Mark Twain

"A List" Customer Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Somehow vintage sunglasses are always too tight for my face. I can't abide any pressure on the sides of my face, for the same reason I wear sunglasses any time I step out into the sun- I have a family predisposition for photosensitivy, and am susceptible to migraines. And I read back in the thread but I'm not sure about the UV protection of a vintage lens. It is important- without it, you have a dark lens allowing your pupils to open a little more as they naturally do, which actually allows more uv in than if you were not wearing glasses, so sunglasses without it are more damaging to your eyes than if you aren't wearing glasses at all. My source for this information? I read it in an article about eye care in a magazine many, many years ago so I'm afraid I can't cite the actual article.

I'm trying to find something more 40s styled. Something like these.

Tres Noir makes a lovely pair of sunglasses- I have another style by them (because the Ultra Lux wasn't out then) and they are hands down the best sunglasses I've ever owned. They're hand made and you can tell care went into them.

Ultra Lux

Cherrybomb - I have these.

Geesh, sorry for all the edits... I should not do this with a migraine!
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 06-17-2012 at 12:25 PM.