Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new A-2 jacket. Your expert opinion please?

New In Town

My new A-2 jacket. Your expert opinion please?

Hi guys,

I too believe you can only get a descent A-2 only from Eastman, Aero, Real McCoy, Buzz Rickson, Lost Worlds or even G&B.

The jacket I will present you here comes from a vendor that doesn't have such a good repuation as the above firms.

Of course, the jacket was a custom job. (I had to pay a little extra).

I am posting some photos so that you can tell me your opinion. Your opinion matters to me because some of you own good A-2 jacket and know better.

So what do you think?

One of the Regulars
    Very nice....I like the pocket flaps a bunch. The HH looks great. Nice job, a little droop to the shoulders, but that could have been fixed by shortening the epaulets a tad. Other than that, how the weight of the jacket? Heavy, thin, etc? Pocket placement seems about right. I like them a little closer to the zip though. About the zip, what is it?

In my humble opinion I like the jacket. The construction looks fine enough and the grain on the pocket is nice.
    The only drawback to me is the shoulder length. I am not fond of shoulders that droop.
    Tell us what you think of your new jacket PLATON!
    Workwear is the new Black.
    I'm not a bearded logger but play one on the internets

New In Town
    I also don't like the drop of the shoulders.
    I like them squared just as Eastman makes them.
    Can afford an Eastman tho.

The jacket is thin and light. I don't know how HH is supposed to be, please guide.

"A List" Customer
    Graining is nice. HH can be either thick or thin I have both. I prefer it to be on the thinner side but that is a personal preference. Overall I like the jacket. Yeah shoulder droop but you know I have more expensive jackets that have that too. It all comes down to are you happy with it. I have owned Eastmans and just not been happy with them and ending up selling them.

Very nice.
    I think I can guess the maker, and although they don't have a great reputation yet, they should one day as they do make a quality jacket.
    ~ Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of. ~

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Feraud
    The only drawback to me is the shoulder length. I am not fond of shoulders that droop.
    Tell us what you think of your new jacket PLATON!
    There are a couple things that can be done - I've had success with both. The good old "hot water" treatment can be selectively applied across the back shoulder seams. Letting the jacket dry in the full sun will provide a bit of shrinkage.

Another thing that few have tried - but it has worked for me - and you will probably laugh. Military presses and lateral dumbell raises in the gym will cap-off those deltoids and fill in the shoulders. I know, I know - but it does work...

Spokes Man

OK, Platon, spill: Who made the jacket (Which looks very nice, by the way)?

New In Town
    It's a Cockpit (ex Avirex)

Speaking about droop, which maker makes them with less droop?

One of the Regulars jamespibworth@n's Avatar
    Hi,

I have a Lost Worlds A2 which has the smallest shoulders of my A2s (ité─˘s a size to big but the shoulder fit is perfect) but they are pricey, unless you get lucky (as I did) and find one E Bay.

The next best fit I have on the shoulders is Aero which in my opinion have the best overall authentic fit. I have recently purchased two from their specials on their web page.

My Eastman Werber is a great fit in the body (Although the Werber is cut more snug) but the shoulders are somewhere between Aero and Lost Worlds.

However I think the fit on yours is more than acceptable and apart from the slightly large shoulders the fit looks right and not at all blousy like some.

I would say if the price is right and you are not looking for exacting details (lining, labels zips etc) you have not gone far wrong.

Can I ask how much you paid?

Also how is the jacket a custom job?