Page 4311 of 6997 FirstFirst ... 331138114211426143014309431043114312431343214361441148115311 ... LastLast
Results 43,101 to 43,110 of 69969

Thread: What Hat Are You Wearing Today?

Spring is near...a potential replacement to my BMW System 5 that is now 5 years old. Vemar Jiano, made in Italy.
    Cheers,
    Ray

Gentlemen, you are much too kind, but I sincerely appreciate your kind words.

Ale: Tungsten is a mercurial color, and Graham's satin finish provides the perfect amount of sheen.

Perry: The Miller, from St. Paul, Minnesota, is one of my sentimental favorites. I really love heather finish felts, and this green is exquisite. Not an easy color to pull off, however, as it is extremely bold, accentuated by the very tall crown.

Manfred: Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I will work on posting some additional photos to Fedoras Afield to provide better context in the near future.

Eric: I miss Orchestra Hall already! Hold on to your cap today!
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by delectans View Post

My contribution from this past weekend:
    And what a contribution as usual, fantastic triumvirate of hats.

Quote Originally Posted by billyspew View Post
    My humble thanks! I just saw your stunning photos from the weekend. Would you please consider posting those images as well as any others of your beautiful photos to the Fedoras Afield thread?
    Last edited by delectans; 02-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by billyspew View Post
    +1...definitely an awesome threesome, though I think this one photo is close to perfection. Beautiful chosen and worn.

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureliano View Post
    That tungsten Optimo is unbelievable, Al!
    +1!
    All of them are great, but WOW. It's nice to see that lid in a natural context away from Optimo's stark white backgrounds. Stunning.
    "I have recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

Came in this afternoon wearing my VS dove "Stratoliner like hat." I am sitting at my desk and finishing the next couple of weeks workout plans and staff scheduling. Practice starts in another couple of hours.

Best wishes, Eric -

My Mail is Forwarded Here Joshbru3's Avatar

1930s Miller Hats Deluxe Quality for a relaxed Sunday with my family.

The vibrant, rich forest green heather finish felt is exceedingly difficult to photograph.

Afternoon sunlight.
    GREAT photo's as usual, AL! You have some incredible hats, but the one that truly stands out to me is that Miller. With the tall crown, shorter brim, heather finish, and astonishing color, its just one of the finest hats I have ever seen. For many people, green is a hard color to pull off, but I think it looks so natural on you. Truly wonderful pictures and a marvelous Miller!
    "For all we know this may only be a dream. We come and go like a ripple on a stream. So love me tonight; tomorrow was made for some. Tomorrow may never come, for all we know." (Nat King Cole)

The vibrant, rich forest green heather finish felt is exceedingly difficult to photograph.[/SIZE][/B]

Difficult maybe, but certainly not beyond the reach of your camera skills, Al.

Marvelous set of shots.
    Randall

My very humble thanks for all of your very kind comments, gentlemen!

Alan: Coming from one who wields a mean lens and shutter I am very, very flattered by your remarks. Thank you once again!

Eric: Gorgeous VS. Are you practicing Chinese calligraphy at the club?

Jeff: Thanks, my friend. So, when are you planning to take a trip down to Chicago?

Josh: The Miller is a very special hat, indeed. I just adore everything about it. The very tall, straight crown, relatively narrow brim and heather finish felt, just scream 1930s, and the interior...it is quite singular, and has a very unique and very wide textured sweatband. I will post detailed photos soon. My sincere thanks for your very generous comments.

Randall: I appreciate your kind remarks, thank you!
    AL