Page 298 of 446 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4459

Thread: Show us your Guns!

Familiar Face
    Quote Originally Posted by Roving_Bohemian View Post
    Well, I was mostly just saying that if one wanted a "Governor" type firearm, they could be fixed to look less "fugly"

When I get back to Florida I get to choose between

Rock Island Armory 1911

and a SIG-Sauer P229 SAS that my sister-in-law might sell...

Both are good firearms (and the p229 is used, so within my price range) but The Wife agreed to one "EDC" gun, and with the hopes of addinga new family member this next year, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to that... for now

--

In re to Sub/Ob fear, Beware of "Imperfect Self-defense"

"A person who acted in self defense with an honest but unreasonable belief that deadly force was necessary to do so could still be convicted of voluntary manslaughter or deliberate homicide committed without criminal malice. Malice is found if a person killed intentionally and without legal excuse or mitigation."

In other words, like AF said, you may be legaly cleared for shooting someone, but still get tangled in a civil suit that they nail you in because you were afraid but someone else in your position might not have been... even if you win, -$,$$$,$$$.$$
    Personally, I'd rather get wrapped up in a court case than watch a loved one get assaulted in front of me and do nothing..

Anyhoo, just my .2 about it... I suppose I'm just contributing to the so I'll shut up now and let us get back to showing off these "deadly beauties"!
    I have a number of 1911 Colt's in both 38 Super and 45ACP. I also so have two SIG P229's with SIG Nite Sites and a MK25 on order. I shoot the SIG's better than any other handgun. They have been 100% reliable and if the SAS has Nite Sites so much the better.
    Take them to a range and decide.-Dick

[IMG][/IMG]

For today, here are two S&W model 65's. The 4" one was first issued service revolver.

Kirk

Southern Illinois USA, right in "Bloody Williamson" county
    The round butt 3" K frames are some of the best guns ever built, still having the full length ejector rods.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconKC View Post
    The round butt 3" K frames are some of the best guns ever built, still having the full length ejector rods.
    Yep, I have always preferred the 3" 65 over the 2 1/2" 19 or 66 for that and the fixed sights. The 3" ones also ballance great and conceal real easy.

Kirk

Practically Family Phantomfixer's Avatar
    AF and Kirk,

Both very good stories!!! A sweet little pistol AF
    "It is better to be down here, wishing you were up there, than up here wishing you were down there."

A while back I posted some photos of the Nepalese Gahendra Martini project I bought from IMA in October. The photos showed it still covered in 100+ years of grime and dried yak grease (aka "yakolene"). Here it is now all cleaned up. I didn't want to strip the gun and refinish it, I wanted it to retain the patina. I did add a repro lace-on Martini hand guard which actually looks too new, so I'll have to artificially age it.

I shot those photos at the range while I was sighting in my latest M1 Garand, a June 1941 example:

\l/
    ( oo )
    ----0000--U--0000----

Kilroy was here
    Member of the Vintage Camera Club

One of the Regulars Roving_Bohemian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V.C. Brunswick View Post
    I love it! I can't think of a more relaxing Sunday than a round of mortar golf.
    That would be the only kind of golf I think I'd actually enjoy... other than "Summer-Putput" where I teach my bikini-clad wife how to golf!
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    I shoot the SIG's better than any other handgun. They have been 100% reliable and if the SAS has Nite Sites so much the better.
    Take them to a range and decide.-Dick
    I'm leaning towards the SIG, mainly because 1911s will always be there, but a well taken care of secondhand p229 is rather difficult to find... the only thing is, it was my SIL's first gun, and the one she qualified with for her CCW. I know if it was me, I'd be reluctant to sell it, but she's 5' 4" and 110? so she wants something "more my [her] size, like a Springfield XD-M sub-compact."

She mentioned before I left that she was thinking to sell her SIG to pay for the XD-M, but we'll see if she still thinks that way when we get back to Florida.
    "Borrow trouble for yourself, if that's your nature, but don't lend it to your neighbours." - Rudyard Kipling
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (2005)
    "All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien, LotR

Southern Illinois USA, right in "Bloody Williamson" county
    Kilroy, try dunking that leather in boiling water for just a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconKC View Post
    Kilroy, try dunking that leather in boiling water for just a few seconds.
    Deacon, that's the first I've heard about using boiling water to age leather. What should I expect to see by using that method? Will it dull the shine, wrinkle the leather, or???
    \l/
    ( oo )
    ----0000--U--0000----

Kilroy was here
    Member of the Vintage Camera Club

Quote Originally Posted by KilroyCD View Post
    A while back I posted some photos of the Nepalese Gahendra Martini project I bought from IMA in October. The photos showed it still covered in 100+ years of grime and dried yak grease (aka "yakolene"). Here it is now all cleaned up. I didn't want to strip the gun and refinish it, I wanted it to retain the patina. I did add a repro lace-on Martini hand guard which actually looks too new, so I'll have to artificially age it.

I shot those photos at the range while I was sighting in my latest M1 Garand, a June 1941 example:

Very nice. Have you shot the Martini yet?