Page 319 of 429 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4287

Thread: Show us your Guns!

"Where are you hunting elk and what are you hunting them with?"

I hunt up on a private ranch in unit 18,maybe 3 miles (as the crow flies) from the south gate of the Rocky Mtn. National Park.

Yes I am spoiled. Those mtns in the background are in the park. This is part of the big meadow on the ranch.

Hopefully I'll be using the rifle pictured below this year. One of my several Krags, .30 U.S. Army. This one is my favorite! Been doing a lot of work to it this past winter and as you can see I did get the new front sight sweated on today! Last elk was taken with my old Husqvarna 146, I rechambered to 9.3 x 62mm. (I like the ol' 30-06 myself even tho I still have a .375 H&H!)

Also stuck in the latest acquisition . Winchester Model 12, 12 ga. modified choke, mfg 1959. Traded my old Auto-5 Browning for it. Wore myself out lugging that old Browning pheasant hunting this year in Kansas. The Model 12 is a bit lighter!

Sorry Sarge, I wanted to give you another "Outdoor Life" cover photo, but we've been getting lots of rain and I cannot get down to my photo spot in the bottom. Too much water!!!!! For a change!!!!!!! Sure beats the past 3 years worth of drought!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the poor photo.......

Renault
    "on the town . . . . on the campus . . . . for leisure and pleasure, smoking a Kaywoodie Pipe is, more than ever, the badge of the modern masculine male" (Kaywoodie ad, circa 1960).

I consider the Krag one of the most under-appreciated rifles ever made. While the 30-40 really isn't up to mule deer across the canyon or antelope late in the season it is a fine caliber and the Krag action is the fastest bolt gun ever made. I have one, but it's a chromed parade rifle my grandfather carried for the Elks drill team. I've thought about refurbishing it but suspect that I'd be better off getting a pure shooter. Would be just the ticket for pig, blacktail deer, tule elk, black bear . . .
    Sarge
    www.thesportinggentry.com
    Welcome to the Cyber-Shire

New In Town
    Deacon,

The knife is a Dawson Spike Neck Knife.

(Pic from Dawson)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsarge View Post
    and the Krag action is the fastest bolt gun ever made.
    I'll tell you Sarge. Any of my old Krags are as smooth as glass action as any of the classic Mannlicher-Schoenauer I've ever handled or worked on! I've worked on a few. I simply love 'em!!!!!

BUT,,,,,

I really would love to lay my hands on one of those G & H Springfields..... Just for Papa Hemingway's sake.

BTW, a Holland & Holland Mauser walked into the shop last week. Built on a M1908 actionso I suspect it may have been a Brazilian contract action. In of all calibres, .300 Win Mag. Decent piece. I got on the phone & called a bud and he bought it!!!!!!

Renault
    "on the town . . . . on the campus . . . . for leisure and pleasure, smoking a Kaywoodie Pipe is, more than ever, the badge of the modern masculine male" (Kaywoodie ad, circa 1960).

One of the Regulars The Inspector's Avatar
    Just came back from Larry's pistol and pawn after they had a HUGE Ruger sale like they always do each year(really packed) and after about three years of waiting, I finally got my Dan Wesson Model 15-2 with the 2 and 6 inch barrel with the instructions, pins, and tool all in the original box.

Im sure it will fit right in...
    Last edited by The Inspector; 03-31-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Well, this isn't a complete gun yet, but just the start. This is a December 1942 M1 Garand receiver that I bought at the CMP North Store at Camp Perry, Ohio last week. I'm in the midst of amassing parts, as I also have a barrel and bolt for it and I just ordered a stock and rear lockbar sight for the rifle. Here's the receiver:

I'll post status reports as the project continues.
    \l/
    ( oo )
    ----0000--U--0000----

Kilroy was here
    Member of the Vintage Camera Club

Quote Originally Posted by KilroyCD View Post
    Well, this isn't a complete gun yet, but just the start. This is a December 1942 M1 Garand receiver that I bought at the CMP North Store at Camp Perry, Ohio last week. I'm in the midst of amassing parts, as I also have a barrel and bolt for it and I just ordered a stock and rear lockbar sight for the rifle. Here's the receiver:

I'll post status reports as the project continues.
    That will be a neat little project to keep you busy this year!

Quote Originally Posted by The Inspector View Post
    Just came back from Larry's pistol and pawn after they had a HUGE Ruger sale like they always do each year(really packed) and after about three years of waiting, I finally got my Dan Wesson 357 with the 2 and 6 inch barrel with the instructions, pins, and tool all in the original box.

Im sure it will fit right in...
    Nice!!! I have not seen one of those inyears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk H. View Post
    Nice!!! I have not seen one of those inyears.
    Yeah it's been off and on the reserve shelf for a few years. I decided it was time for it to have a home.

Quote Originally Posted by The Inspector View Post
    That will be a neat little project to keep you busy this year!
    Yeah, I figure it will be a four to six month project. I do have the barrel in hand, the bolt almost on hand plus a rear sight (Type 3 Lockbar) on order. I have a pair of stocks coming in and I'll choose the nicer one for this project.
    \l/
    ( oo )
    ----0000--U--0000----

Kilroy was here
    Member of the Vintage Camera Club