Page 297 of 467 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 4663

Thread: Show us your Guns!

One of the Regulars Roving_Bohemian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    The 'Judge' line and now the S&W 'Governor' seem to be a solution in search of a problem.
    But it's all marketing and if a niche can be found, profits can be made.
    For me I'll stick with my SIG P229's and MK25 I have on order.-Dick
    Well, I was mostly just saying that if one wanted a "Governor" type firearm, they could be fixed to look less "fugly"

When I get back to Florida I get to choose between

Rock Island Armory 1911

and a SIG-Sauer P229 SAS that my sister-in-law might sell...

Both are good firearms (and the p229 is used, so within my price range) but The Wife agreed to one "EDC" gun, and with the hopes of addinga new family member this next year, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to that... for now

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Might be a good time for a humbly offered public service announcement.

To get a self-defense instruction in a murder trial, most states require the defendant to meet both a subjective and an objective standard of fear. In other words, the defendant has to show that he was in fear of his life and a reasonable person in those circumstances would have been in fear of his life. Even then, the jury can find otherwise and convict the defendant. We prosecutors refer to that chain of events as, "one in hell and one in jail".....
    AF
    In re to Sub/Ob fear, Beware of "Imperfect Self-defense"

"A person who acted in self defense with an honest but unreasonable belief that deadly force was necessary to do so could still be convicted of voluntary manslaughter or deliberate homicide committed without criminal malice. Malice is found if a person killed intentionally and without legal excuse or mitigation."

In other words, like AF said, you may be legaly cleared for shooting someone, but still get tangled in a civil suit that they nail you in because you were afraid but someone else in your position might not have been... even if you win, -$,$$$,$$$.$$
    Personally, I'd rather get wrapped up in a court case than watch a loved one get assaulted in front of me and do nothing..

Anyhoo, just my .2 about it... I suppose I'm just contributing to the so I'll shut up now and let us get back to showing off these "deadly beauties"!
    "Borrow trouble for yourself, if that's your nature, but don't lend it to your neighbours." - Rudyard Kipling
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (2005)
    "All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien, LotR

Legal disclaimer: Everything below is completely legal for the feds and the state I live in.

1800s:

WW1/WW2:

More modern:

My Dad made this for me, but Iíve yet to shoot it:

Quote Originally Posted by p51 View Post
    Legal disclaimer: Everything below is completely legal for the feds and the state I live in.

1800s:

WW1/WW2:

More modern:

My Dad made this for me, but I’ve yet to shoot it:

Very nice. I love the WWII stuff.

Southern Illinois USA, right in "Bloody Williamson" county
    Great collection, thanks for sharing. Kirk, I also enjoyed your Detectives.

My Dad made this for me, but Iíve yet to shoot it:

Your Dad's creation looks a bit like a Lyle gun. In the 1800s and early 1900s, Lyle guns were used by the Life Saving Service shoot lines from the beach out to grounded ships. Then people stranded on the wrecks could be hoisted ashore.

AF
    The South: Heat and Spanish moss. A Strange hot land of courtly manners and sudden violence, elegance and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Your Dad's creation looks a bit like a Lyle gun. In the 1800s and early 1900s, Lyle guns were used by the Life Saving Service shoot lines from the beach out to grounded ships. Then people stranded on the wrecks could be hoisted ashore.

AF
    Yeah, it sort of does. It's actually a 1/3 coehorn mortar. He made it that size so you could lob a golf ball with it. I just need to get it out in the open to fire it eventually...

To me that last on looks like the most fun. Bang! Wheeeee . . . Plonk!
    Sarge
    www.thesportinggentry.com
    Welcome to the Cyber-Shire

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    Well, I don't know much about women. I just know that I don't have the energy to handle more than one

Quote Originally Posted by 1961MJS View Post
    Well Tom, there COULD be three or four of them...

Not sure how I'd be able to coach them though...
    And these have been very good for business at our gun shop!

Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    Wisconsin enacted three pieces of Legislation last year germane to this discussion.
    First the ability to obtain a Concealed Carry License if you meet the requirements. The Law does not address a Civil immunity if you act while carrying concealed with a License and I would suspect that neither does Kansas Law but I have not researched the Kansas Legislation.
    The second piece of Legislation is known as the Castle Doctrine Law and removes the burden of proof of intent if you shoot someone that is in your residence or vehicle illegally while of course you are inside. This Law does provide for Civil immunity in this case.
    The Concealed Carry Legislation also allows anyone to carry a loaded unconcealed handgun in a vehicle.
    The third piece of Legislation removed the requirement for casing a long gun in a vehicle as long as the long gun is not loaded. Welcomed by hunters!
    In any event this trio of Legislation along with Wisconsin's own Right to Bear Arms amendment passed a few years ago provides for powerful tools in the fight against crime.
    The NRA and the WISCONSIN CONCEALED CARRY ASSOCIATION with Jim Fendry led the way and should be congratulated.-Dick
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

Incurably Addicted V.C. Brunswick's Avatar
    My Dad made this for me, but I’ve yet to shoot it:

I love it! I can't think of a more relaxing Sunday than a round of mortar golf.
    Last edited by V.C. Brunswick; 01-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    "I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order."
    ...Eric Morecambe, OBE
    http://www.facebook.com/victor.brunswick

You'll put yer eye out!

http://www.pocketartillery.com/

MP