Page 322 of 457 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4569

Thread: Show us your Guns!

Honorable scars from fair wear and tear shall not count against!
    Sarge
    www.thesportinggentry.com
    Welcome to the Cyber-Shire

Practically Family
    Home of the 2013 Sugar Bowl Champions and 2013 Men's National Basketball Champions!
    That Winchester is just a nice early American gun.--John
    LOUISVILLE, KY. 2013 AND 2014 BASEBALL TEAMS to College World Series GO CARDS!!

Gotta love old M12's (especially 16's) that show years of honest wear. I'd rather have an ols gun with honest wear than a new gun right out of the box. It's a respectability thing: the gun's been there and done that.

I'd rather have an ols gun with honest wear than a new gun right out of the box. It's a respectability thing: the gun's been there and done that.
    Well said. As a friend - Old Sarge and I know - on some gunboards writes, "Never hunt with a cartridge younger than you." I think can often be applied to your firearm as well (classic custom jobs and home project guns aside, I've put together a couple of flintlock kits and in the white guns that I'd exclude from this rule ).
    "His modest resources meant that he could dress no more than reasonably well, but he did so with a kind of faded elegance that ignored the dictates of fashion... the overall effect was of someone frozen in time, indifferent to the new fashions of the agitated age he was living through. The truth is that he took pleasure in this, for obscure reasons that perhaps even he could not have explained."
    -Arturo Perez-Reverte

Nice '03 's you have there Doublegun. My friend has one, I'll have to give it a closer look next time I'm over.
    I usually hunt with my Marlin 336 (.30-30) or Mannlicher- Schoenauer (.243) but I recently aquired a Remington 700 ADL (.30-06) that will be seeing some field time soon.

Southern Illinois USA, right in "Bloody Williamson" county
    Well, gave the Taurus 38 a little TLC. Still gotta do something with the grips, but that is okay. Some brass wool & oil, then cleaned and cold blued. I wouldn't do this to a collector's gun, but for a bedside piece it is a lot better.

The little mud puppy cleaned up okay.

Yes it did, well done sir!

I stopped by a local gun shop today and came home with another gun that was on my short list...sort of. I was interested in a GSG (German Sport Guns) M1911-22 or the new Colt Government 1911 in .22LR. What I came home with was a Sig Sauer M1911-22, and she's a beauty!

Tomorrow I'll be taking her to the range to see if she shoots as well as she looks.
    \l/
    ( oo )
    ----0000--U--0000----

Kilroy was here
    Member of the Vintage Camera Club

One of the Regulars
    Thought I'd add my 1911. A PARA-ORD. P-13 in stainless with a K.L. Null horsehide holster.

.45acp of course.

cw3pa
    The P-13 slightly slicked out is one of my favorite carry guns. I have one just like yours with a very similar holster. Nice.
    HD