Advertisements
Page 138 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2001

Thread: "Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire9Vintage View Post
    The fight was hysterical. I loved the other three just watching! The kiss was interesting. Hmmm. We will see if that goes anywhere!
    That fight might be the best thing I've seen on this show, and I'm not exaggerating. Who didn't want to see someone land a haymaker on Pete? Roger kills me every time: "Who else wants to see this?" The kiss - I have to admit, I've been secretly hoping Lane & Joan would get together this season, so I was thrilled with it. At least Joan didn't shove him off, although sadly she didn't go lock the door as I'd hoped. I'll be anxious to see if it goes anywhere. Lane needs some love.

I felt like Pete had matured so much since the first season. I even commented on it earlier in this thread, but now I see that isn't the case at all. He's the same smarmy kid.

I also found the reason for the loss of the Jaguar account amusing.

Don's plaid sportcoat was atrocious.
    Last edited by fortworthgal; 04-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.

I'm hoping the writers avoid turning Pete into a one-dimensional character. Sure, it's fun to have a character that's so unlikeable, but in the real world I've never really gotten to know anyone, with the exception of a relative or two, who was totally devoid of something at least resembling a redeeming quality. Pete getting so thoroughly humbled in this most recent episode (the fistfight, the underage girl pushing him aside for the young buck, Don's quick repair of the faucet while a hapless Pete fumbled around with the toolbox) might be the beginning of his redemption. One can hope.

At the risk of betraying a bit too much -- I kinda liked the plaid sports jackets, especially Kenny's, the blue one. And Don's was cool in its way. I happen to have a coupla three or four somewhat similar vintage jackets myself, purchased at thrift shops and the like in recent years, although mine mostly date from a few years earlier than this 1966 (or is it '67 yet?) period piece.

My Mail is Forwarded Here AmateisGal's Avatar
    Oh gosh, what a GREAT episode. I have to say that I really like this new Don - I love how he's committed to Megan. I hope it continues.

And the fight scene was terrific.

Thank goodness Kenny is still writing, though - as a writer, if someone told me to stop writing or I'd lose my job, I'd still secretly find a way to do it somehow!
    Melissa
    Writing with Style
    World War 2 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmateisGal View Post
    Oh gosh, what a GREAT episode. I have to say that I really like this new Don - I love how he's committed to Megan. I hope it continues.
    Really? I hate to say it, but I liked it better when he was a cad and I can't stand Megan for some reason.

The series is still really good, but I miss the style of the early seasons.

"Kissing a man without a moustache is like drinking champagne without bubbles”

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it.~ Gracie Allen

One of the Regulars Young fogey's Avatar
    I'm with Melissa on the new Don. He was a mess last year. I didn't like Megan last year but do now.

But I'm with rue on regretting the passing away of the good '60s.

Quote Originally Posted by rue View Post
    Really? I hate to say it, but I liked it better when he was a cad and I can't stand Megan for some reason.
    I don't care for Megan either.

I can appreciate Don trying to 'turn over a new leaf' but I also predict it won't last long until he'll be back to his old ways!

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    I like Don and am thrilled he's getting his act together. I don't care much for Megan, though. I guess she just doesn't seem like the real ladylike type to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rue View Post
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

Faye IS still out there somewhere. As are a couple other, shall we say, slightly more mature old flames. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Weiner. I just can't wait to see what it is!

My Mail is Forwarded Here AmateisGal's Avatar
    Oh, I don't know that Don will last long in this new role, but I commend him on giving the righteous path a shot.

Megan is starting to grow on me.

I also miss the styles of the early 60s. Now we're treading into the reason I never liked 60s fashions. Megan's dress that she wore to Pete and Trudy's was god-awful to me.
    Melissa
    Writing with Style
    World War 2 Reviews

In Megan's defense, I will say that she totally rules the kohl eye & pale lip look so popular in the 60s.