Page 1033 of 1762 FirstFirst ... 335339339831023103110321033103410351043108311331533 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,330 of 17611

Thread: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Casablanca on the big screen!

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Rogue View Post
    Casablanca on the big screen!
    That would be nice that is for sure.
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by old rogue View Post
    casablanca on the big screen!
    ditto!

Never Let Me Go
    Elegance is good taste, plus a dash of daring - Carmel Snow

I love that movie... but it's SO sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Strange View Post
    I love that movie... but it's SO sad!
    I know! I thought Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield were superb in it - so believable (and I could even tolerate Keira Knightley in this one!) - you just wanted things to be different for them.

You know, that film sank without a trace when it was released, but I keep thinking that later this year - when Andrew Garfield is the new Spider-Man and Carey Mulligan is the new Daisy Buchanan - it will be rediscovered by a lot of folks. Of course, it's something of a tough sell: my college-student kids both thought it was very well done, but TOO depressing.

(And re Keira Knightley: she is a limited actress who always comes off as a bitch... so she was perfect in this role!)

I liked the film so much that I read the source novel. This is a rare case where I thought the film adaptation was even better than the book. It streamlined the story a little, but almost nothing that was left out was significant. And I was shocked to discover that it was the screenwriter, not novelist Kazuo Ishiguro, who wrote the film's final, devastating statement in Kathy's narration!

L.A. Confidential. Right now.

Godzilla...the 1957/8 version with Raymond Burr.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Strange View Post
    You know, that film sank without a trace when it was released, but I keep thinking that later this year - when Andrew Garfield is the new Spider-Man and Carey Mulligan is the new Daisy Buchanan - it will be rediscovered by a lot of folks. Of course, it's something of a tough sell: my college-student kids both thought it was very well done, but TOO depressing.

(And re Keira Knightley: she is a limited actress who always comes off as a bitch... so she was perfect in this role!)

I liked the film so much that I read the source novel. This is a rare case where I thought the film adaptation was even better than the book. It streamlined the story a little, but almost nothing that was left out was significant. And I was shocked to discover that it was the screenwriter, not novelist Kazuo Ishiguro, who wrote the film's final, devastating statement in Kathy's narration!
    Yes, it did seem to disappear straight after release which surprised me - the second I saw the trailer I wanted to see it - it looked romantic yet incredibly bleak! I agree KK is rather limited - she can do the uptight posh girl quite well but sports the same expression in every film - the clenched jutting jaw - no matter what feeling she is trying to convey.

I went out and got the book too - started it and drifted away from it - it just didn't "get" me - perhaps I wasn't in the form for reading that particular kind of novel at that time and might go back to it some day. I don't tend to read a lot of fiction usually but in a bid to try to get into it have bought a ton of fiction so starting to make a dent in it!