Advertisements
Page 1062 of 1786 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052106010611062106310641072111211621562 ... LastLast
Results 10,611 to 10,620 of 17856

Thread: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Advertisements
    I also liked Funny People, and it deserves some credit for aiming higher. And I don't have a problem with Adam Sandler... except that he so rarely makes an effort to play anything other than his usual childish a-hole characters. When he tackles something more serious - as in Reign Over Me - he does fine.

To be fair Sandler was tolerable in Punch Drunk Love but that was a loooong time ago.. We can probably attribute that to PT Anderson's writing and directing than anything Sandler contributed.
    Workwear is the new Black.
    I'm not a bearded logger but play one on the internets

Quote Originally Posted by rue View Post
    Yes.... definitely ewwww....

Have you seen Knocked Up?
    I did see it and didn't think much of it. I knew the film-makers would have a field day with the myriad of bad taste jokes that can be made about pregnancy - really not my thing at all.

Also, having the rather one dimensional Katherine Heigel in the lead didn't really add to the cinematic experience!
    Elegance is good taste, plus a dash of daring - Carmel Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Feraud View Post
    Adam Sandler is one of those guys I've never found funny. I've tried to sit through his films to give him a chance but the guy does absolutely nothing for me. While watching him I've found my ability to enjoy comedy decrease..
    This film is different and not his usual childish humor. You might want to give it a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Strange View Post
    I also liked Funny People, and it deserves some credit for aiming higher. And I don't have a problem with Adam Sandler... except that he so rarely makes an effort to play anything other than his usual childish a-hole characters. When he tackles something more serious - as in Reign Over Me - he does fine.
    I haven't seen Reign Over Me, but I think I'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Golightly View Post
    I did see it and didn't think much of it. I knew the film-makers would have a field day with the myriad of bad taste jokes that can be made about pregnancy - really not my thing at all.

Also, having the rather one dimensional Katherine Heigel in the lead didn't really add to the cinematic experience!
    I thought Katherine Heigel was okay in the movie, but I'm pretty sure it will be her last film with him anyway considering the fact that she didn't exactly have nice things to say about it.

"Kissing a man without a moustache is like drinking champagne without bubbles”

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it.~ Gracie Allen

Currently, The Proposition.

Caught Young Guns II on the HBO channel available in the hotel here last night. Better than I remembered it being, despite that awful Jon Bon Jovi caterwauling over the end credits.
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Caught Young Guns II on the HBO channel available in the hotel here last night. Better than I remembered it being, despite that awful Jon Bon Jovi caterwauling over the end credits.
    Bon Jovi!?
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

One Day in September - Incredible documentary regarding the hostage taking at the Munich olympics - I had seen it when it was first released but found it still as horrible and shocking the second time around.
    Elegance is good taste, plus a dash of daring - Carmel Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Young Guns and Young Guns II were pretty good movies

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Bon Jovi!?
    You never saw it?

"Kissing a man without a moustache is like drinking champagne without bubbles”

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it.~ Gracie Allen

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Cairo View Post
    One of the best films ever :-)
    Could we be related?????

PS - Nice statue. Where'd you get it?????