Page 1243 of 1699 FirstFirst ... 24374311431193123312411242124312441245125312931343 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,430 of 16986

Thread: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I caught some films recently on the plane back from Venice.
    The latest Batman film. I don't remember its name, but it was epic, absolutely moving and amazing. One of the best of the genre ever.
    "Moonrise Kingdom" seemed more like a parody of Wes Anderson than an actual Wes Anderson film. I was disappointed, but it was watchable and interesting.
    "Two Days in NY" Julie Delphy's follow-up to the pleasant "Two Days in Paris" or was it "2 Days in Paris..." Don't know. Anyway, wonderful film, interesting, funny, and well written. Chris Rock is amazing playing a dramatic role.
    "From Rome with Love" I was expecting something as wonderful as "Midnight in Paris." It wasn't. It was interesting and difficult to decipher. I'm not certain what was going on there. I felt short-changed by Alec Baldwin; his role, not his performance. He is entertaining. It was once again... watchable; not good, not bad, just sort of watchable.
    "Ted" was lost on me. I wanted to like it, but it was stupid and forgettable. Take away the Teddy Bear and nothing was funny. I think I may be too old!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, I finally watched "Red Tails" the other day on HBO. I didn't really care for it. I can't put my finger on it, but something was just missin'.
    Yea, several somethings were missing... a decent script, good acting and a competent director. The HBO movie "The Tuskegee Airmen" is its superior in EVERY regard save CGI. What a waste. Lucas just can't tell a story anymore.. period.

Worf

"V for Vendetta" - One of the most thoughtfull post-apocalypse films of the century. Combine with "Chldren of Men" and "28 Days Later" and you've one fine picture of the U.K. I'll tell you... Amazing film making in all three.

Worf

Watching Ladies of Leisure with Barbara Stanwyck and Ralph Graves 1930. Great looking hat with the brim down all the way around!

Bert
    My hats are like my motorcycles. They get washed when it rains!
    https://www.facebook.com/bert.howard.9

What hat? My gaze just goes immediately to Barbara Stanwyck.
    ~ Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of. ~

He only had it on at the beginning. I know what you mean. She was doll in her younger years before she started killing her husbands in later flicks! Everyone is wearing Homburgs in the next movie. This Is My Affair with Stanwyck and Robert Taylor! 1937 My favorite hat!
    Last edited by howardeye; 12-05-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Bert
    My hats are like my motorcycles. They get washed when it rains!
    https://www.facebook.com/bert.howard.9

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    Started watching "The Green Mile" but got distracted
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

Singin' in the Rain. I thought it was great. I recall seeing few musicals, but this is perhaps the best I've seen.
    Psalms 70:1
    Sincerely,
    J.B.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicEraTom View Post
    Started watching "The Green Mile" but got distracted
    Great movie! What a shame we lost Michael Clarke Duncan, he had so much more to give!

Taps.
    I think I saw most of it back in the 80's, but forgot what a good movie it really is. Might have been Sean Penn's and Tom cruise's first movie?
    ~ Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of. ~