Page 1069 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 6956996910191059106710681069107010711079111911691569 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,690 of 17218

Thread: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDan View Post
    Rented a few this weekend;

Cowboys and Aliens - Good not great
    Conan The Barbarian - meh, the original movie with Arnold and James Earl Jones was much better.
    Captain America - Liked this alot.
    First comic book I ever read as a kid was a Conan comic which then lead me to books by Robert E. Howard. This movie was so bad, I turned it off 30 minutes in. Arnold's second movie was better than this new schlock.

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Scarlet Street
    When a man in mid-life crisis befriends a young woman, her venal fiancÚ persuades her to con him out of some of the fortune she thinks he has.

Joan Bennet definitely made it interesting :
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchofevil View Post
    First comic book I ever read as a kid was a Conan comic which then lead me to books by Robert E. Howard. This movie was so bad, I turned it off 30 minutes in. Arnold's second movie was better than this new schlock.
    My trek was sort of the opposite: I read all the Conan paperbacks put out by Lancer books in the sixties, and later on read some of the comics. I have only seen a snippet of the movie on TV and don't have a desire to see the whole thing.
    Let me dig this solid cat and see what jumps in that wig of his that's causing all the flip on the vine.

Watched the 2nd half of Iron Man...again.
    "If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything." -- Marilyn Monroe

L.A., where your waiter from today will be on casting call tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Scarlet Street
    When a man in mid-life crisis befriends a young woman, her venal fiancÚ persuades her to con him out of some of the fortune she thinks he has.

The ending was incredible, and it allowed the movie to be passed by the Board, since Robinson's character is seen as technically not having gotten away with murder...Yeah, Joan was a corker.
    1. John 3:16, 17
    2. Dress to please yourself, but do take others into some consideration.

-Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Widebrim View Post
    The ending was incredible, and it allowed the movie to be passed by the Board, since Robinson's character is seen as technically not having gotten away with murder...Yeah, Joan was a corker.
    Being crazy isn't like getting away with it I suppose. Personally, I was on his side when he let him take the blame.
    Kind of looks like someone around here.....
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally_Hood View Post
    My trek was sort of the opposite: I read all the Conan paperbacks put out by Lancer books in the sixties, and later on read some of the comics. I have only seen a snippet of the movie on TV and don't have a desire to see the whole thing.
    What so many do not realize is that Robert E. Howard wrote so much more than just Conan stuff. Sadly, the movies do no justice to his contributions to the world of pulp.

I just finished watching the Chinese movie "The Flowers of War".

It's a Chinese-English production (featuring both languages, and subtitles) about the Rape of Nanking in 1937, during the Second Sino-Japanese War. It focuses on a mortician (played by Christian Bale) in 1930s Republican Nanking, who tries to protect the girls living in a Western catholic convent, whose resident priest has died (who Bale's character was supposed to embalm for burial).

It's a great movie, but it's not for the faint-hearted...it does have some rather gory scenes in it.

Midnight Manhunt
    A gangster is shot in his hotel room and manages to make his way to a nearby wax museum, where he dies. A female reporter discovers the body and determines to break the case, but she must maneuver around a rival reporter--who happens to be her boyfriend--who also wants to break the case and the killer himself, who wants to find out where the body is.

And of course---without comment this time:

Ann Savage

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    They don't build 'em like they used to!

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.