Page 990 of 1760 FirstFirst ... 4908909409809889899909919921000104010901490 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 17591

Thread: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Starship Troopers - a hilarious satire on modern warfare, propaganda and jingoism. Only improves with time.
    Hi Edward, the Starship Trooper's series (more than 1 of them right?) are about the closest to Old style Nazi Propaganda films I've ever seen. I've seen a few of ole Adolph's speeches, and I wanted to start marchin' and I don't even have a clue what the old boy was saying.

I watched Big Jake with Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne last night. It's a lot better without the 10 minutes of movie and 7 of commercials on late night TV.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”

My Mail is Forwarded Here AmateisGal's Avatar
    Swiss Family Robinson. Gosh I love that movie.
    Melissa
    Writing with Style
    World War 2 Reviews

I saw the Grey last night, the Liam Neeson survival movie.

I thought it was fairly good, with only a few exceptions. The biggest being the artistic license the film takes with the wolves. I think there are a lot of ways the film could have shown the animals behaving more realistically and also the sounds they made were sometimes very clearly not wolves... I heard a lion at one point... no joke.

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    Currently watching Forrest Gump.
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

...aaaaannnd, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, with all those guys from the other one. Saw it with the family this evening. Liked the inclusion of Colonel Moran, the battle of intellects between Holmes and Moriarty, and the slightly non-canonical approach to the canonical Reichenbach Falls denouement.
    Let me dig this solid cat and see what jumps in that wig of his that's causing all the flip on the vine.

I watched "The Pianist" last night. The true story of a Polish-Jewish concert pianist (Wladyslaw Szpilman) who survived the Warsaw Ghetto and the Holocaust, hiding out in the safehouses provided to him by the Polish Resistence, while his city collapses around him.

Wladyslaw Szpilman was one of only a handful of Jews who survived in Warsaw during the War. From a population of tens of thousands, they were reduced to less than ten.

Constantine
    Dennise

If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased. --Katherine Hepburn

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    Father of the Bride (1950)
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

L.A., where your waiter from today will be on casting call tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEraFan View Post
    I just saw "The Black Cat" (1934) with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff in my Horror Films class and absolutely loved it! Karloff's Art Deco fortress is pure eye candy.
    That is one of my favorite Lugosi films! What a plot! And for once, and only once, Bela gets equal billing with Boris...

Just saw Appointment With Danger (1951), with Alan Ladd, Phyllis Calvert, Jack Webb, Harry Morgan, and Jan Sterling. Dedicated to U.S. postal inspectors, the film was better than I thought it would be, with Ladd as a postal cop infiltrating a gang which is planning to rob the U.S. mail. Jan Sterling was great as the gang leader's lazy, bop-loving moll, and it was very enjoyable to see Webb and Morgan as bad guys.
    Last edited by Widebrim; 01-29-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    1. John 3:16, 17
    2. Dress to please yourself, but do take others into some consideration.

-Lee

"Funny Face" (1957) with our 8 year old daughter. This was her 2nd Audrey Hepburn film. She enjoyed the dancing in this one and was fascinated by the fact that Audrey Hepburn had taken ballet since she does too. (she's already seen and loved "Roman Holiday" and she is turning into quite a fan!) I love it! Just think of all the awful things an 8 year old could prefer and ours likes Audrey, Lucille Ball and old black & white western tv shows!