Page 830 of 830 FirstFirst ... 330730780820828829830
Results 8,291 to 8,292 of 8292

Thread: What was the last TV show you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest P Shackleton View Post
    Hell on Wheels. From what I understand, Common wanted out of his contract. Working in Canada on the show for long periods was getting in the way of his main gig, hip-hop. While the child in me enjoyed some of the novelty aspects of the tribe episode, the rifled arc reeked of writing him out of the story in a hurry...
    I had also read that Common wanted to leave the show to focus on his musical career. Considering the final episode of the previous season, they could just as easily have written Elam out by having him die as a result of the bear attack even though they had hinted he survived it. My guess is that Common revealed his desire to leave the show after the current season had begun filming, and they thought this story arc would somehow provide more closure for the fans rather than simply having Bohannon or another character discover his body in the wilderness.

I also read that the producers and writers originally wanted to save Elam's demise for the end of the season, but ultimately felt it would be unfair to the audience to tease his return for a full season only to have him end up dead.
    Last edited by Zombie_61; Yesterday at 10:00 PM.
    a.k.a. Al (or Alex, or Alexander if you're not into the whole brevity thing)

I'll tell you all my secrets, but I'll lie about my past...

One of the Regulars Ernest P Shackleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_61 View Post
    Considering the final episode of the previous season, they could just as easily have written Elam out by having him die as a result of the bear attack even though they had hinted he survived it.
    This is an excellent point. It's a good example of how this show hops from potential to farce.