Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amateurs of Trek

Amateurs of Trek

I hope the big cheese doesn't mind.
    It is not golden era, thuogh I think it falls in the silver catagory -- off to the side -- think of it like Just past Robby the robot... MK being a makeup artist and all I hope you can appreciate it and allow it to stay on the forum for now.

If you are an original series Star Trek fan I think you will love this homage to the silver era.

This is an original style episode of Trek set in fourth season of the show that never happened. The acting is sub par, though I believe you will agree that the quality of the show is fantastic. You have to download it in pieces and save it to your computer to watch.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.5yearmission.com/FILES/
    http://www.newvoyages.com/
    Looking for my Emma Peel.

Matt Deckard Apparel
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE

Practically Family Renderking Fisk's Avatar
    It's Ironic that fans are making quality shows like this and they gave ENTERPRISE the ax.
    Articles, columns and opinion based on The Golden Era - The Fedora Chronicles

Enterprise was falling into the same trap all the other new interpretations of trek were falling into.

Too much formula

Crew finds alien that needs help.
    Alien turns out to be enemy.
    Crew and alien need to work together to save each other.

I think that this season Enterprise is starting to hit it's stride by taking more risks, though now it's too late unless the execs change their minds.

Matt Deckard Apparel
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE

It would be nice if Paramount too some hints from SciFi (think Farscape)
    and actually created an original series. Enterprise HAD potential but they just couldn't bring themselves to take the risk and break from their "cash cow" formula, god forbid they muck too much with things.

I was depressed for a couple of days after I heard Enterprise was cancelled. Though the first two seasons sucked, I didn't give up hope. This season has really been good, what they should have been doing all along. And now it's flushed down the crapper. Oh well, at least the new Battlestar Galactica is pretty good.

Brad (feeling guilty for not talking about the Golden Era)
    Keeping alive the Hatting History of Crofut & Knapp, Dobbs, and Cavanagh since 2004. Visit my blog, The Hatted Professor.
    New website under construction at TheHattedProfessor.com!

Practically Family Renderking Fisk's Avatar
    Brad... If it makes you feel better you can wear your vintage suits and your fedora when you come and visit the replica of the Enterprise bridge Dalexs and I have built in my basement.

Joking.
    Articles, columns and opinion based on The Golden Era - The Fedora Chronicles

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderking Fisk
    Brad... If it makes you feel better you can wear your vintage suits and your fedora when you come and visit the replica of the Enterprise bridge Dalexs and I have built in my basement.
    Take us out of the basement Number One Ren.
    Oh man, Enterprise is gone? I guess I have not been paying attention. I suppose I will have to live without see Jolene Blalock in that outfit. Darn.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. The new Battlestar stinks in my opinion. Too much reliance on special effects and clearly changing the whole casting of the original. PU
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

One Too Many
    Never saw Enterprise, but I like the orginal and The Next Generation
    Member of Dumpster Divers International Since 2006

I have to agree about Enterprise. It was really starting to get good. IT had a chance to be something unique in the Star Trek family - Star Trek before Star Trek. I also agree about Battlestar. It is boring. There seems to very little real action, but give it time and it will take off. It is certianly in a good spot right after SciFi's two big shows (the Stargate shows) so maybe it will get better.

BTW, I don't really mind getting of topic like this as long as we don't make it a habit. After all, we are freinds here and it is good to see that some of us have the same interests out side of the Golden Era. Until today, I thought my wife and I were the only ones who watched these shows (my wife LOVES Enterprise and the entire SciFi Friday line-up).

So what do yout think of their new episode of an old show?

Matt Deckard Apparel
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE