Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by bjornborg11 View Post
    Hello fendora loungers,

I have thoroughly enjoyed viewing some of the posts and can’t wait to view more. Such good information. I recently decided to take my dress up just a bit and this forum so far I believe will be a great help for me. Just wanted to say Hi so HI!!
    Decided to take your dress up a bit?!

I know the boys will want to see photos ...

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by zetwal View Post
    Decided to take your dress up a bit?!

I know the boys will want to see photos ...

Welcome!
    Depends on what's under it, Zetwal!
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

Welcome!
    I build custom fishing rods on the side to support my fishing hobby and now, apparently, my hat obsession.

"A List" Customer St. Valentine's Avatar
    Hi, my name is Frank and I am from Germany. Browsing the web for some solid information on A-2 jackets and Fedora hats I found this great forum. Hats off to you guys for providing so much knowledge! I already read quite a bit here and everyone seems to be very friendly - even to the newbies.
    Right I am in the final stages of getting a new A-2 (the Cockpit USA 21. Century) and a matching Fedora hat. Havenīt made up my mind which one it should be but it seems that joining the Fedora Lounge wonīt be the best for my bank account!
    Hope to chime in soon and to show some pictures of a new jacket and hat.

Frank

p.s.: Excuse the cheap travellers hat in my avatar, I promise to upgrade soon!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Valentine View Post
    Hi, my name is Frank and I am from Germany.
    Wow! lots of new Loungers checking in today.
    Welcome aboard ...

One of the Regulars
    Gentlemen,

(I say that with respect. The decorum I have seen on this forum is refreshing).

I will turn 55 next week. I got married (again ) in 2009 and bought my first new suit in years. It felt so good to wear I decided needed to up the ante in the clothing department. Since then I am the proud new owner of some righteous threads, thanks mostly to my wife

A fellow at my church wears a nice fedora and I decided I needed one. An interwebs search led me here. I have really enjoyed viewing all the wonderful hats and learning about the brands and types. As with any niche interest, the deeper you go the more you feel like you need to learn more.

As I posted on the "question" sticky thread, I am very fortunate to be within close proximity to Batsakes in Cincy. I hope to have a good experience when I go there next week, despite my ignorance.

Cheers.
    All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally in Cincy View Post
    Gentlemen,

(I say that with respect. The decorum I have seen on this forum is refreshing).

I will turn 55 next week. I got married (again ) in 2009 and bought my first new suit in years.

As I posted on the "question" sticky thread, I am very fortunate to be within close proximity to Batsakes in Cincy. I hope to have a good experience when I go there next week, despite my ignorance.

Cheers.
    All the best.
    You're an a real roll! Welcome and have fun next week. Get your wife to instruct you in "patient shopping" that if done right, can take a whole afternoon in one store.
    Cheers,
    Ray

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lounge,
    Having been a member for a year I have read what seems like every page of this forum. I have learned a lot and have much respect for the men and women "virtually" assembled here. I have a very small collection of hats, several flat caps by different makers, Stetson, Baily, Wiggens, and RRL, none of any vintage to speak of. I have a few fedoras, a Stetson from the 80's recently refurbished by Art Fawcett, a newer Borsalino, I found in a second hand clothing store and transformed by Optimo, and a Cuenca Panama from Panama Bob. I also have a 24x24 Montecristi stingy brim I also bought from Bob that is very nice. (Art re-flanged it for me as well). Lastly, I am in the process of buying a modern Stetson Stratoliner from a fellow Lounger. I feel I have the start of a nice collection of hats that I'll wear on a daily basis. Right now I feel pretty good about it but you all know there is always room for another and another.....
    Mark

Im new to the forum. I am enjoying all the posts and information on this site. I have just on vintage, a dobbs. I am looking forward to buying more. Thanks for such a great forum.

Like Zetwal said, lots of new members presenting themselves today! Welcome, all of you, to the madness.
    Randall