Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson Model 22 Revolver .45 ACP

Smith and Wesson Model 22 Revolver .45 ACP

Does anyone have one of these pistols? I was thinking of buying a semi-automatic and this is always advertised in American Rifleman. What's the positives to this piece?
    A wife in Vegas?, take my advice, that's like going to China with a sack of rice.

My Mail is Forwarded Here thunderw21's Avatar
    I don't own one but I shot one. They are nice pistols. I like the 1911 setup so it was familiar to shoot. I wasn't a big gun nut at the time so I can't tell you much else.
    But they are nice handguns.

P.S. Seriously, I thought I was still on ARFCOM when I saw this topic title.
    Where the past comes to life...so we can promptly beat it to death again.

http://mrlapel.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Houndstoothkid

Well, you know, Golden Era men think alike.
    A wife in Vegas?, take my advice, that's like going to China with a sack of rice.

With the 3 inch barrel the Ultra Covert II only weighs 25 ounces. Not bad at all.

I started collecting 1911 pistols prob 25 yrs ago. Colts in the begginning. Gov...Commander...Officer's Mo...then finally a GoldCup. In the '90s I purchased a Kimber "Custom Defense"at a gun show. Right outa the box it consistantly maintained a great grouping. Tolerances seemed tight...and action smooth. I was impressed. IMO..for the money..a great single action .45for sure. Since then..I've purchased several models of the Paraordnance .45 with can hold twice the ammo with wider grip. Slicked out by a competent gunsmith they have grouped better than any .45 I've shot. In fact...now my favorite carry package. However...Kimber is certainly top of the line right out of the box...with custom features...trigger,etc.
    HD

I don't have a Kimber (yet) but their reviews in the gun mags are always outstanding. I'm mainly a revolver guy (S&W) but when I finally get a 1911 it will be a Kimber.
    Bob.

Smith and Wesson Model 22 Revolver .45 ACP

I see that Smith and Wesson is introducing revolvers it once discontinued. However, the Model 22 Revolver .45 ACP is actually just more styled in the manner of Smith and Wesson's Golden Era. This is an updated version of the M1917 it produced to arm WW I doughboys. Anyone out there familiar with this piece?

My Mail is Forwarded Here carebear's Avatar
    Several guys over on COW have bought them as "Indy guns". They all report being pleased with the action and finish.

They are available all over the online auction sites and are now on the Cali DOJ approved list.

5-1/2"

4"

Matthew Carberry

Colbert: “While skin and race are often synonymous, skin cleansing is good, race cleansing is bad.”

"A List" Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
    I started collecting 1911 pistols prob 25 yrs ago. Colts in the begginning. Gov...Commander...Officer's Mo...then finally a GoldCup. In the '90s I purchased a Kimber "Custom Defense"at a gun show. Right outa the box it consistantly maintained a great grouping. Tolerances seemed tight...and action smooth. I was impressed. IMO..for the money..a great single action .45for sure. Since then..I've purchased several models of the Paraordnance .45 with can hold twice the ammo with wider grip. Slicked out by a competent gunsmith they have grouped better than any .45 I've shot. In fact...now my favorite carry package. However...Kimber is certainly top of the line right out of the box...with custom features...trigger,etc.
    HD
    Kimber Arms makes great pieces. Great advice though about having a good gunsmith to help pull all the potential out of whatever you buy. If money is no object, check out Wilson Combat. They have some of the finest 1911's in the world...of course they're real proud of them too
    As God is my witness, I could have sworn turkeys could fly! - Arthur C. Carlson

Cali DOJ approved list? For conceal carry???