Advertisements
Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Nutrition and exercise!

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by FedoraGent
    Folks,

As time goes by I'm starting to realize that I need to take hold of certain parts of my life that are lacking. One serious situation is my weight and I've always struggled thoroughly with that. It's always been an up and down thing, and I've had people suggest Weight Watchers. Has anyone ever done Weight Watchers and do you know if it's expensive?

FG.
    FG, I've been on WW for about 13 months. It's $39.95 a month for online access and meetings and everything. I think it's great. I've gone up and down a lot over the years and this is the first time I don't feel like I'm on a diet. It really is a lifestyle way of eating. I joined with my mom and I think that helps. And I really like my team leader, she's fun and helpful. I've lost about 23 and my moms lost about 40. I'd highly recommend it

I posted these before, but I think the pictures really show the results. We are both about halfway to our goal.
    Last year Memorial Day

This year Memorial Day

Practically Family LelaViavonie's Avatar
    You look AMAZING!!! Absolutly Beautiful! Not that u wernt before.. but Hoorah Hooora!
    I myself am a believer in WW!
    THey have it here at my company for free and I took advatage of it. I didnt join to lose weight.. I joined to learn how to eat!

Its completly true.. you can eat whatever u want.. in moderations.. and u still lose weight..

I love the point system.. I write the amount of points on the box to remind myself how much that will cost me.. LOL
    And it has taught me to eat sensibly

WTG!!! You look fantastic!
    "Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided. -
    Mae West"

Wow, thanks LelaViavonie!

I think I found the weight that you lost! I really thought I would run more after dropping my gym membership, not so unfortunately. But that is just my own laziness, I have incentive now, none of my clothes fit!
    This war is like an actress who is getting old. It is less and less photogenic and more and more dangerous. Robert Capa

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Bella_Hell
    I'm a semi-vegetarian: I'll eat fish and shellfish but no red meat or poultry. This is not because I don't like those things, I love them, but I have a very strict "don't eat anything you wouldn't personally kill" policy. I'll go fishing. I won't kill a baby cow.
    Miss Bella, there is actually a word for that! It's called pasca-vegetarianism, or a pescatarian. Hubby and I also practice this line of eating--although lately we've talked of allowing ourselves turkey on the holidays with family.

I used to be very good about getting up every morning and walking/running. It was only 15 minutes or so but boy! I saw a a difference. I was actually at my best weight ever during this time! Then I had surgery and I haven't gotten back into it. I'm hoping once we move to warmer climates here soon that I will be more diligent about it.
    "I like redheads. Their mouths are like a drop of strawberry jam in a glass of milk." - R.S.

I may sound strange...

but I just love this thread All of you ladies are inspiring and helpful!

Since exercising, I have gained 2.5" in my hips I'm reminding myself that it's because my rearline was flat, wide, droopy, and things have lifted (sorry if this is TMI). I'm happy to look better, but hate that I can no longer wear all of my skirts and pants - vintage not less! I have tucked them away because I can't bear the idea to sell anything or give them away - at least, not yet.

Any of you ever experience this?

I gave up on kettlebells. I liked using them, but I didn't feel like I looked very feminine from using them; I was putting on too much muscle for my taste. So I've resumed T-Tapp and walking. I'm also going to pull out my ballet tapes - I miss using those! Anyone else like to use ballet videos? I have ballet bootcamp and a few others. I feel very "Audrey" using them

My Mail is Forwarded Here AmateisGal's Avatar
    I just joined a fitness place again - it's a lot like Curves with a 30-minute total work-out on a circuit and it's for women only. The only difference is that it's open 24/7 so I can go whenever I want. I really like that! I've been a member for a week and I've already worked out three times. Woot!

I've also started eating healthy again. Last night, I made lasagna using whole wheat lasagna noodles, ground turkey, and fat free cottage cheese - I loaded up on the veggies, too - mushrooms, green peppers, and tomatoes. It turned out SO good.

I originally lost 30 pounds back in 2006-2007, but when my husband was in the hospital for a staph infection and then was unemployed for a few months after, I coped with the stress by eating and gained 15-20 pounds back. So now I'm back at it.
    Melissa
    Writing with Style
    World War 2 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmateisGal
    I just joined a fitness place again... I've also started eating healthy again.

I originally lost 30 pounds back in 2006-2007, but when my husband was in the hospital for a staph infection and then was unemployed for a few months after, I coped with the stress by eating and gained 15-20 pounds back. So now I'm back at it.
    I think you're off to a fantastic start! Side note: I'm a fellow Nebraskan too *waves*

My Mail is Forwarded Here AmateisGal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by live vintageous
    I think you're off to a fantastic start! Side note: I'm a fellow Nebraskan too *waves*
    Yay! Another Cornhusker! I think there's a grand total of four of us on here.
    Melissa
    Writing with Style
    World War 2 Reviews

I'm checking out the WW site right now and it seems like such a good idea! My ex lost 70 lbs on Nutrisystem the first 2 months he used it, which is CRAZY! His problem is mainly portion control, so I think that's why it had such a huge impact on his weight loss. He gained maybe 20 lbs back and is now on Nutrisystem again trying to lose that weight.

Ultimately, Nutrisystem is WAY too expensive for him. It's definitely easy and practical since he's always really busy and doesn't have time to cook for himself, but at $330 a month, that's a large chunk of change to drop all at once if you don't make big bucks.

I'm going to talk to him about WW. Hopefully he won't think it's just a 'girl's thing' and not want to join. I think we'd BOTH benefit from it greatly!