Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moustache

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    In my circles, Bounder comes highly recommended. http://www.mr-wax.com/ No first hand experience of the wax, but very pleased with the unbreakable, credit-card sized mirror I bought from them....
    Bounder has the best hold I've ever come across, but it is water-soluble and dissolves in the rain or from breath condensation. I understand he's working on a water-resistant formula now, which I look forward to trying.
    Monocle: This may be worn by (1) good dukes, (2) all Englishmen. No bad man may wear a monocle. ~P. G. Wodehouse

My Mail is Forwarded Here DanielJones's Avatar
    Foad has an entertaining video.

And fun Jazz Music in this one. Cool fez hats too.

Cheers!

Dan
    "If you believe everything you read, better not read." - Japanese Proverb

It's going to take a couple more months but I'm in the process of letting mine grow out more so I end up with something similar to what Mr. Natty (Matt Raines) is sporting.

I'll post up a pic around the end of May with you results, or sooner if it grows fast enough.

Cheers!

Dan

Here is one grand cookie duster.

Cheers!

Dan

I had to shave my moustache off for a military ceremony but I'm growing it back out quick as I can.

On my to do list for my 6 months of parental leave is growing a decent moustache. My moustache growing ability is horrible so I will probably need that long and even then it might not succeed Wish me luck!
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9912/gtsig.jpg
    “Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”

If this parental leave is to care for a new child (rather than an aged parent), did you check with the Significant Other about the moustache-growing first? Unless it comes in very soft, she might not "appreciate" the efforts.
    Don

Feel younger than you look, and
    Act younger than you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dnjan View Post
    If this parental leave is to care for a new child (rather than an aged parent), did you check with the Significant Other about the moustache-growing first? Unless it comes in very soft, she might not "appreciate" the efforts.
    It's for international adoption. I mentioned it to her before and didn't receive any strenuous objections, so I'm gonna just go for it and hope for the best
    “Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”

Sounds like a plan!
    Plus, babies like having something on/near the face to grab onto! Moustaches, ear-rings, etc.

Enjoy the experiences (both the moustache and the new one in the house - though possibly in a different order)
    Don

Feel younger than you look, and
    Act younger than you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dnjan View Post
    Sounds like a plan!
    Plus, babies like having something on/near the face to grab onto! Moustaches, ear-rings, etc.

Enjoy the experiences (both the moustache and the new one in the house - though possibly in a different order)
    Thanks, Don! I'm really looking forward to the time off. I don't know if there is such a thing as tips on how to grow a better 'stache faster, but judging by your majestic set of whiskers (that is you in your avatar I presume) you would be the man to give em!

I'm behind the 8 ball here, so if you've got tips for me let's have em!