Advertisements
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moustache

Suspended

Moustache Wax

Advertisements
    I go through fazes when it comes to facial hair. Sometimes I will sport a Goatee, sometimes a Pencil Thin Moustache. Sometimes a Handlebar Moustache. My facial hair grows rather quickly. I have been searching for a good moustache wax for several years. I've tried them all (I think). I have even made my own out of beeswax, petroleum jelly, and parafin wax. I have even tried experimenting with hair jells and sprays. I searched the web again about three month ago and found a site selling Brother's Love Moustache Wax. Man this stuff is good. It stiffens almost immedately and holds most of the day. I almost put out my wife's eye the other day. I know Michealson sports a 'stache, any others? What wax do You use?

Scandinavia- location, location, location
    I had the Salvador Dali style a while back but, as you say, certain styles can take an eye out. It's funny when you wake up and both sides are pointing in the same direction. Or one day you look in the window of a shop and see your reflection and think, man! who's that damn weirdo? Scary! I've toyed with the pencil moustache too but it takes a lot of extra, careful trimming for me because my facial hair has no gaps in it- just a solid wall of hair-
    Also, due to my colouring and where I live, people take me for Middle Eastern with the pencil moustache- and I'm not, so I choose to not be guilty by associaton of facial hair...
    Wax? I think it needs beeswax in it, as a natural product, for the heavy control factor that stiff facial hair needs.

Salam!

B
    T
    Looking with my good ear peeled.

Suspended
    Know what you mean concerning the pencil thin. One slip and you may as well start over. Now the handlebar is an altogether different story. If you let it grow for about three months you can make a mistake or two and not have to lose the whole thing. I wore mine western style for awhile, with alot of droop and just a twist at the ends. My stache is only about a month old as we speak. I have about an inch of end that will take a twist and the wax will hold. Yeah I look like a weirdo, but as my wife will say, "You're my weirdo."

It must suit you, OR, you just have a very kind Wife-
    Compliments to you both!

B
    T

Suspended
    I'll post a pic when it comes in good. You're correct about my wife. But she'll let me know when she does not like a hat.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyTank
    I had the Salvador Dali style a while back but, as you say, certain styles can take an eye out. It's funny when you wake up and both sides are pointing in the same direction. Or one day you look in the window of a shop and see your reflection and think, man! who's that damn weirdo? Scary! I've toyed with the pencil moustache too but it takes a lot of extra, careful trimming for me because my facial hair has no gaps in it- just a solid wall of hair-
    Also, due to my colouring and where I live, people take me for Middle Eastern with the pencil moustache- and I'm not, so I choose to not be guilty by associaton of facial hair...
    Wax? I think it needs beeswax in it, as a natural product, for the heavy control factor that stiff facial hair needs.

Salam!

B
    T

I heard Dali's mustache could reach the top of his head a times. Oh, I think American Crew makes some Mustashe wax, that is pretty good, I hear.
    Member of Dumpster Divers International Since 2006

Da-leee daaalings, Da-leee,
    you're just not pronouncing it correctly...

Lucky he was a Surrealist then, with that moustache and head thing going on...
    I heard his pocketwatch melted and had to use a crutch-

B
    T

One Too Many
    I know, I love Daleee, but I am spelling it the Spanish way.

Daleee/Dali

Pronunciation, not spelling-
    it was a joke... for me at least... it still is now actually...
    ho-ho-ho

Bilge Pump.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyTank
    Pronunciation, not spelling-
    it was a joke... for me at least... it still is now actually...
    ho-ho-ho

Bilge Pump.
    I know.