Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moustache

Change in Clubman tube

I've used Clubman for many years, because it works (for me at least), and is readily available at local drugstores.
    The last two tubes I have used have torn just below the top.
    Is it just my luck, or has Clubman tried to save a few pennies on their tubes?
    Don

Feel younger than you look, and
    Act younger than you feel.

I've been growing a mustache for two weeks and it is just long enough to shape into a nice pencil style, well, it's something like that anyway. I will post pictures tomorrow. It's for the mustache growing consest at work (a fine military tradition) but I think I'll win for the one with the most style.
    Last edited by Mr Vim; 11-17-2010 at 06:55 AM.

My father has had a glorious thick moustache for as long as I can remember. He was probably born with it! I always thought he looked so suave and dapper, even if he was wearing overalls in the garden, but especially when he was all dressed up smoking his cigars. As a little girl I loved the way it tickled when he kissed me on the forehead as he went off to work.

Me and my hero! Note the immaculately pressed shirt and chinos on holiday instead of the scruffy shorts all the other dads wore. SO PROUD!

My obsession with a beautifully adorned upper lip is so great that for my birthday my husband is shaving his beard into a Errol Flynn moustache. A girl couldn't get a better present!
    I wish I could have been a bearded lady in a travelling circus but alas my moustache is lacking and I'm afraid of clowns...

Quote Originally Posted by Geiamama View Post
    My obsession with a beautifully adorned upper lip is so great that for my birthday my husband is shaving his beard into a Errol Flynn moustache. A girl couldn't get a better present!
    I shaved my beard off just after the New Year. I'd had it for twelve years, and my wife had never seen my chin. I wanted to see how my handlebar moustache looked on its own.
    Monocle: This may be worn by (1) good dukes, (2) all Englishmen. No bad man may wear a monocle. ~P. G. Wodehouse

I have had a full beard, goatee or moustache for most of my adult life. Two years ago I decided to shave it all off - first time I had seen my upper lip in almost 30 years. It was then I remembered why I covered it up in the first place!
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    I shaved my beard off just after the New Year. I'd had it for twelve years, and my wife had never seen my chin. I wanted to see how my handlebar moustache looked on its own.
    How wonderful! Are there any pictures?
    I wish I could have been a bearded lady in a travelling circus but alas my moustache is lacking and I'm afraid of clowns...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    I've had the handlebar for about 30 years, and recently added a van dyke. Have gotten many more moustache comments since adding the beard!
    (need to update my avatar one of these days ...)
    Don

Feel younger than you look, and
    Act younger than you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Geiamama View Post
    How wonderful! Are there any pictures?
    There will be soon I'm waiting for the awful razor burn that's a result of not shaving under my mouth for so long to go away
    Monocle: This may be worn by (1) good dukes, (2) all Englishmen. No bad man may wear a monocle. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    I can't grow a mustache with a darn and it drives me nuts. If I don't shave, I look like this....

So I rid of everything, except the sideburns.
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicEraTom View Post
    I can't grow a mustache with a darn and it drives me nuts. If I don't shave, I look like this....

So I rid of everything, except the sideburns.
    Do you grow the mullet too?