Page 118 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2651

Thread: Western, anyone?

This is my first post, so greetings from Portugal
    I have a some may call it a cowboy hat collection, I like to call it my trial and error for my hat because in Portugal there is no Resistol representation, but some stores (very little amount) sell stetsons but only fedoras made of wool. I believe that in Portugal there is no one making or ever made beaver hats.

This is me wearing a 20x black gold Resistol on a wedding. Don't know the year nor the name of the crease, I bought it on ebay 2 years ago and paid $152 with shipping to my country. I only wear this hat on some occasions because I like it very much. I wear every day another 20x black gold Resistol and because this type of hat is not very common in Portugal, I'm known as the guy with a cowboy hat around here were I live.

Good story....Dropped a black Resistol (Cattleman crease) off at Peters Bros to have redone into a Fedora last Saturday...I've had it for more than 10 years (bought it to wear to a Garth Brooks concert) and have worn it 5 times (maybe)....usually only when the Stock Show is going on....
    Anyway, drop it off and not two days later my wife says "We're having family pictures done for my parents...Don't you have a black hat? It's going to be a western theme." Her dad raises cattle. They took the liner and sweatband out while I was still there...gave me the NRCA pin that was on the ribbon. Sorry Dear, all that's left is this pic:

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao Encarnado View Post
    This is my first post, so greetings from Portugal
    I have a some may call it a cowboy hat collection, I like to call it my trial and error for my hat because in Portugal there is no Resistol representation, but some stores (very little amount) sell stetsons but only fedoras made of wool. I believe that in Portugal there is no one making or ever made beaver hats.
    Another bodacious hat. I like it. Good choice.

Looks good on your head Joao.

Ty all

This is the second hat I bought because the first one was tight on my head and I don't have the tools to make it 1 number higher. I did measured my head but I needed a bigger one.
    So I bough this 7 3/8 4x beaver used Stetson. Paid $51 for it with shipping to Portugal about 7 years ago. This was it when new to me.

I wore it 5 or 6 years it got a lot of abuse. I traveled 3 times to the UK (mainly Scotland) and I remember it being always wet and heavy there. It rained almost all day and when it wasn't raining, you could almost feel the water in the air. I couldn't dry it on the UK!
    This is how it is now:

No one in Portugal works beaver hats, not even our "hat museum". The light color on the brim is or oilskin or hair oil (I used it on summer) and I don't know how to remove it nor reshape the brim to give it a new life, so it's stored in this condition.

I'm known as the guy with a cowboy hat around here were I live.
    Me too
    Regards,
    Nigel

Member: Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon, Diamond Authority

Wow. Nice to see some Europeans wearing American style hats. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Wow. Nice to see some Europeans wearing American style hats. Good stuff.
    It's the western hats that set me off with the collecting and also the reason I found FL. Western hats first for me followed closely by fedoras.
    Regards,
    Nigel

Member: Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon, Diamond Authority

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    Hatophile: Brown is your color. Looks good on you.

Bowlerman: Beautiful liner, is it Taffeta or silk?
    It is a pretty cool liner. I'm embarrassed to say that I have no idea whether it's Taffeta or silk. All I can tell is it's shiny, blue, and kind of paisley.
    2 hats still floating in the bay
    "I've recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    It's the western hats that set me off with the collecting and also the reason I found FL. Western hats first for me followed closely by fedoras.
    The same is true for me. The hat in my avatar is my favorite. I'm also very fond of the Open Road as well as the more "cowboyish" westerns. I would imagine your western hats draw some looks in the U.K.