Page 119 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2666

Thread: Western, anyone?

I would imagine your western hats draw some looks in the U.K.
    It sure does but I've learned to ignore them. I forget who said it but "what other people think of me is none of my business".
    Regards,
    Nigel

Member: Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon, Diamond Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Me too
    And a wild rag to boot! Don't worry about the looks you get in the UK, you'd get looks here in Nevada, which is a very western-oriented culture. So western in fact that this morning at Starbucks I noted a young man openly carrying a firearm in strong-side holster.
    Slow down, you'll get a more harmonious outcome.

Here's my latest hat:

I have another in the works by the best hatter I'm acquainted with, Roy Jackson at Jaxonbilt Hats. He's making a reproduction of the hat worn by Everett Hitch in Appaloosa for me.

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Wow. Nice to see some Europeans wearing American style hats. Good stuff.
    I like western stuff. I even got a Winchester 1873 replica. And because it is just a replica, I learned that in Germany, a company made a Lever Action air gun! I have one and I like to shoot with it Can't have a real Winchester because of the laws in Portugal

Can't see it very well… This is my other Resistol 20x Black Gold I use everyday.

The same is true for me. The hat in my avatar is my favorite. I'm also very fond of the Open Road as well as the more "cowboyish" westerns. I would imagine your western hats draw some looks in the U.K.
    It draws more looks were it is unusual. I go to the beach with my Resistol Straw cowboy hat, everybody looks at me. I go to Lisbon or the supermarket everybody look at me. My avatar was when a friend got married. Everybody looking at me... I don't care what they though about me
    I remember when I traveled to the UK, many people walking across me said "Hey cowboy". Even on supermarkets, kids often said "Mooooom it's a cowboy!" Me and my friends laugh a lot about it because one of my surnames is "Vaqueiro" that translated to English is… cowboy!

It sure does but I've learned to ignore them. I forget who said it but "what other people think of me is none of my business".
    I learned this along time ago because my left arm is tattooed. Security following me on stores... I'm not the bad guy!

Excellent. Obviously, you are your own man and not terribly concerned with what others think. It is a good way to be.

Creating a Colony of Beavers here in Vermont
    Excellent. Obviously, you are your own man and not terribly concerned with what others think. It is a good way to be.
    Agreed!
    Pictures of My Colony of Fine Beavers. Now crafting my own "gentleman's city hats and westerns" of the finest quality. I do not do this as a business. Just a hobby for myself. Plus lots of needle felted items such as hats, blankets, feather displays, animals, and felt "paintings".
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1111987...vsrNDP3NH1tQE#

Quote Originally Posted by vintage68 View Post
    Here's my latest hat:

I have another in the works by the best hatter I'm acquainted with, Roy Jackson at Jaxonbilt Hats. He's making a reproduction of the hat worn by Everett Hitch in Appaloosa for me.
    Very nice. Reminds me of my 1930s Stetson #1 quality... one of my favorite hats.

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    vintage68: that's really nice looking! Is it also from Roy Jackson? I hear a lot of great things about his work and materials.

Alan: another beauty, and very similar-- love that jacket too!

Did anyone catch John Rich's cowboy hat that he fingerpainted and sold for $50,000 at a St. Jude's Children's Hospital charity auction last night on Celebrity Apprentice!?
    "I've recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

Quote Originally Posted by bowlerman View Post
    vintage68: that's really nice looking! Is it also from Roy Jackson? I hear a lot of great things about his work and materials.

Alan: another beauty, and very similar-- love that jacket too!

Did anyone catch John Rich's cowboy hat that he fingerpainted and sold for $50,000 at a St. Jude's Children's Hospital charity auction last night on Celebrity Apprentice!?
    Yep, the hat I'm wearing in the pic is from Roy at Jaxonbilt. Excellent work and a pleasure to do business with.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage68 View Post
    I haven't seen Appaloosa yet, but that will be a great looking hat.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”