Page 803 of 954 FirstFirst ... 303703753793801802803804805813853903 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,030 of 9531

Thread: What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    Got my rectangular humidifier in today. It's been filled with distilled water and is working perfectly in my little humidor. It's keeping my stogies at about 70% humidity. I just need to find a little thermometer that I can put in there as well. With it being winter here still, my house is kept a little warmer than 70-degrees, so I want to make sure my cigars are being kept in a most optimum setting!!
    You have to be careful with heat. 70 degrees is edgy but at about 80 degrees it is a good environment for cigar beetles to hatch and mess up your cigars. I actually keep my cigars a little cooler for that reason. I go with 65/65 65 degrees/ 65% humidity.
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll check the temperatures in different areas of the house so I can keep them all in the best possible!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training!

Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. I'll check the temperatures in different areas of the house so I can keep them all in the best possible!!
    I like to make sure that cigar aficionados don't have bad experiences with cigars. It is bad enough that we have a fairly steep learning curve but losing money on messed up cigars hurts your pockebook and the view of the hobby.
    I should also mention here that beetle damaged cigars don't need to be discarded but they need to be taken care of. A few days in the freezer will take care of the cigar/tobacco beetle. We have to realize that cigars are suseptible to these pest because cigars are a natural product. The leaves are rolled to make the cigar. In the process, the overlooked beetle eggs on the tobacco can get rolled into a cigar just waiting to hatch and ruin you best cigars as they age. Just remember to get your cigars from reputable brands and sources. Most of your good brands go out of their way to make sure that this is not a problem but even then some get by and it only takes one....
    Lastly, I wanted to mention that most "cigar juice" etc. out there is made of a fifty-fifty mixture of distilled water and food grade propylene glycol. A half gallon of the glycol will run you about $20 or so and last a long, long time. We use the glycol in our humidors to prevent mold and mildew from forming on the cigars and inside the humidor (plume is a different thing).
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

I need a little thermometer. I want to keep them at between 65 and 70 degrees. I think a hair below 70 would be about perfect!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training!

Took the kids to the park and watched them play 'til their heart's content, then took them bowling! I got beat in bowling by my 10-year old son! Finally got home at dark-thirty and got the kiddos put to bed and was able to have my first stogie of the day. It was a Carlos Torano Noventa. It had a growing full-flavor to it with a hint of leather, oak and black pepper. It was a superb roll too. The ash held on nicely as well. It stayed on right down to the wrapper. It definitely surprised me. The first one wasn't too impressive, but after having a second one I found it to be a good smoke! I'd definitely have more!
    Thought I'd mention too, my humidor is working superbly as well. I moved it to a different, cooler room and found that all my sticks are doing great in it. The flavor is sure holding in it and I'm quite pleased with the rectangular humidifier that I put in it! Now that I've got this one working, I can move to the next one!!

My friend brought by a couple San Cristobal de la Habana El Moros. Not a bad cigar in the least. One of my quintessential large size cigars. Starts out with a light sweetness followed by a stronger and bolder flavor profile and finishes with strength. Superb.

Brickhouse toro tonight with Highland. Nice.
    Secret Hat Society, Founding Member (2009)

Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture in a Savinelli Duca Carlo Egg. Good pipe at a super price.
    Tom D.

This weekends cigars were:
    AB American, toro
    Cigar.com Sun Grown, corona
    Man O War, robusto
    Reposado '96 maduro, salomon

The AB American has become one of my regulars and the Reposado '96 is going to become one as well.

Old Henry Gold belicoso with McClelland's Highland. Nice cigar. I'm really liking the conn wrappers, but they are so delicate!
    Secret Hat Society, Founding Member (2009)