Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Akubra Sydney: A Review

Suspended
    I've had my charcoal Akubra Sydney for a couple months now, and it's still my favorite hat.

The felt in the crown is extraordinarily soft, which makes the hat extremely comfortable, but the down side is that it does not hold the bash. That's not really a problem for me, since I put a basic center bash in the top with a pair of moderate dents at the front. I've worn it in the rain several times, carefully re-shaped, and let it slowly dry, but it's still as soft as ever and barely holds the bash.

You've done a great job shaping yours with the telescope crown and a tight front pinch. I'm amazed that it's holding so well. Perhaps it's that the top of your head hits virtually all of the crown and keeps it in place, but still, maintaining such a tight front pinch puzzles me.

Maybe your Sydney is a bit stiffer than mine. Tell us, where did you get it and how much did you pay, including S & H?
    You sit ona my hat, I breaka your face!

Good job, looks great!
    RBH

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    ''We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be!
    When you side with a man, you stay with him!
    And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished!''
    *Pike Bishop- 1913*

Nonentity, I got it at noggintops for about $86 shipped with the $20 discount. It's not very stiff, but even though it's dry now the pinch seems to be holding. Hopefully it sticks, I like it.

I like it!
    Live Free... or Die

Looks great! It took me a few more attempts to get my Fedora the way I wanted it, but you seem to have nailed it right off the bat.
    "I'm glad I got my suit dry-cleaned before the riots started." -Beck

Familiar Face
    Very nice!!! I picked up my Banjo Patterson from them and the service was outstanding. The hat looks great on you.

-Scott

Kaosharper1

Noggintops Discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    Nonentity, I got it at noggintops for about $86 shipped with the $20 discount. It's not very stiff, but even though it's dry now the pinch seems to be holding. Hopefully it sticks, I like it.
    How'd you get the $20 discount?

Type in "SWEET20" in the discounts box at checkout. It expires today though.

Kaosharper1

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    Type in "SWEET20" in the discounts box at checkout. It expires today though.
    Picked one up for myself. At that price, I couldn't resist. I needed a soft hat anyway. I think the Fed and Adventurer won't work as well once the Spring arrives. Again, thanks for the price tip.

Great hat! And and thanks for the discount code! I just saved another twenty bucks on the Borso Nomad they had on sale - $85 + shipping!
    "Americans always do the right thing, after trying everything else." - Winston Churchill